FREE domain?

Have you heard cu.cc? is it a “OK” domain for free users?

I did heard of .co.cc not .cu.cc. If you are looking for free domain to be hosted, then you might also consider dot.tk

All co.cc domains were delisted by google on mass recently, due to massive abuse by spammers and other web trash. Similar free domains that have little barrier to misuse will likely meet the same fate, so they’re not worthwhile for any serious use.

Well yeah I think so also… soon cu.cc will be banned… and will reflect a bad reputation to google… better befriend with google! than sorry.
Thanks EastCoast.

I know freedomain.co.nr its free

i heard it is not friendly to google

It might be free but useless if you are heavily concentrated on SEO. You are better off getting a .com or .net.

If you are serious enough with your website, get a paid one. It does not cost much for a one year subscription.

Well sooner or later existing free domains will be banned by google. Thanks guys, free is not always worth it! Thanks for the replies

I think it is not suggested to used free domain because we only waste out time in it. Google did not index those free domain and it is useless if we used it…

top free domains are co.cc .tk . But cz.cc are spammy

There are a lot of free domain name. But co.cc is the best and if you register you will get for free 2 domain co.cc

Why is it the best given that Google has blacklisted it and will no linger list any pages on that domain at all?

I agree with oknedar, Google has taken to blacklisting many of the free domains, for obvious reasons. My question is this: if most hosting now comes with a free domain name, is this even an issue? Hosting usually starts at like $2 to $3 a month… Might be worth looking in to.

Those domains are not really free - the cost of the domain has been taken into account in pricing the hosting so you are paying for it.

I used a free domain and hosting service as a testing ground for my site before I launched it properly with a TLD and paid hosting. It was useful to play around with different things on a live site, confident in the knowledge that no-one else in the world would probably see it. But other than for that purpose I don’t think a free domain is worthwhile having.

Just wondering how those free registrar earn money through free domain. If free domain is more likely a spam, why ICANN and IANA does not take action against them?

cu.cc is out there and apparently it is free ( I haven’t tried it but it says so on their page http://www.registry.cu.cc/ Yes there is blogspot, there is also yolasite, weebly etc etc but the question was for cu.cc. Whether it is “ok” depends on what you mean by that. If you mean will you ever get any visitors or ranking then the answer is no.

Anyone using ce.ms ?