Free Hosting

Not for an actual productive site, no! The old saying, “you get what you pay for” is very applicable to this question. Hosting plans can be as cheap as $3.99 a month anyways, so their not all that expensive.

If you are just playing around and aren’t planning on deploying the site, then it can be ok, but if you actually plan to go live with the site, fork out the dough and go with paid hosting.

Free hosting are made by young teenagers these days , you need to pick carefully. Think about support as well.

Free hosting given by a well known premium provider is what you need to look for if you’re running test , if not you’ll be traveling around looking for a stable one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Free hosting have several limitations. For new webmaster is very good to start with an dot com domain name and paid hosting because with 2-3 $/mounth you will find a lot of offers. Consider this an advice because only in this way your site will be friendly to search engine. The major difference between paid and free hosting is the speed of the website to be loaded and this is very important to google.

Yes, i agree too. Nothing is unlimited, limits are everywhere, hosting,VPS, dedicated servers too.

Other question, which provider is the best for cheap and good hosting.

Per some years ago I changed many providers and still searching new with more services and good price.

The drawbacks of free hosting is that with free web hosting you can get only 5MB space free and you will get so many ads on your site.

Look harder :slight_smile:

Two of the most popular ones offer ONE gigabyte of web storage with a TEN gigabyte monthly traffic allowence and NO adverts.
Plus SQL database and SMTP support, Cron jobs etc… one will even let you run a chat server scripts and allow a Top Level Domain
name to be used with a free hosting account.

You know what they say, if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is. You just want to have a site in which you have control and can be sure will perform as expect. With free hosting, you’ll get what you pay for. There are plenty of relatively inexpensive hosting sites to choose from, that are reliable and give the user many options.

If your site hits “big time”, it will probably crash, even if you’re not using free hosting. Then you will probably need a server :slight_smile:

100MB space for just GBP 1 set-up fee. The rest is free.

I use these guys http://www.checklayer.com/, they offer 3 months free trial, of course bandwidth and space are limited, like on any serious web hosting