Free merchant account

Is there any free merchant account service available? I mean any third party processor that takes only some commission and not any initial fee?

For local businesses Square is free and online there’s no cost to sign up for the third party drop-off platforms like Paypal but i’ve yet to see a commission only seamless merchant provider [that i’d actually trust]. Square should be the catalyst to make it happen but there are some expenses unique to web processing that have kept most of the reputable providers charging flat fees… of course you can get those to be pretty low at $10 - $20 a month and if that’s too much, you may want to rethink the model.

paypal is the only one I know of with no monthly fee. I used to recommend propay and they had very low set fees for small merchants but I havent used them in forever so I don’t know if this is still the case.

I’ve found plimus and until I don’t find another I think its good for me.

I’ve found CC avnu shopping cart and until I don’t find another I think its good for me in India

Hi,

Yes, PayPal requires no monthly fee.

2CheckOut only requires a setup fee and also no monthly fee.

I agree with Ted S. “i’ve yet to see a commission only seamless merchant provider [that i’d actually trust]. Square should be the catalyst to make it happen but there are some expenses unique to web processing that have kept most of the reputable providers charging flat fees”. While I understand wanting to forgo any extra costs with start up fees and low monthly rates, we are talking about credit card processing and accepting money online. I personally would pay a little extra to use a company that I could trust. I know that Paypal is great as it 2checkout- if by chance you are running a high risk merchant account like a collection agency does, then check out Zeno Tools Paypal won’t touch high risk- nor do most banks when setting up merchant accounts.