Freelance websites

After finding a very well known freelancing website was bought out and turned into a dodgy bidding platform and seems to have bad reviews all over Google I was wondering if people on here have found a good one. The elements of a good freelance platform should have the following elements:

• No hidden fees
  • Able to ask questions about projects before bidding
  • a way you can see who the are the most reputable organisations looking for workers, perhaps by a rating system.
  • clear and understandable standards of work to be delivered

Does such a system exist? If it doesn’t would it be worth writing one?

Your thoughts?

Sent from my XT316 using Tapatalk 2

1 Like

try this website :

odesk.com

One more vote for oDesk.com. It is a very good platform.

I think freelance.com is one of those sites that won’t allow questions on projects without bidding so doesn’t fit my criteria. Odesk may be interesting though.

freelance.com is best for you.

Nope, freelance is dodgy and has bad reviews. Also has hidden fees and wont allow questions without bids.

No, I haven’t encountered it yet, but you can check out odesk and freelancers websites.

I am starting to think most on this forum has shares in freelancer otherwise why are people pushing it so much when it doesn’t fit my opening criteria. So many bad reviews on net also, especially since it was sold to new owners.

I am starting to think most on this forum has shares in freelancer otherwise why are people pushing it so much when it doesn’t fit my opening criteria.

Most - three users with low post counts.

It looks suspicious to me as well, but please do not tar everyone else on the forum with the same brush.

Just so that people know I am not making stuff up:

There are many hits on google if you Google “freelancer hidden fees”. Google has also tagged it as a scam in my email box which is what alerted me at first.

The other sites mentioned may be worth a look. I guess I should have asked whether there were any good review sites that compared all these services alongside each other and rated their “scamminess”.

Anyway, hope that clarifies.

It is potentially a difficult decision to hire a freelancer for sure. The problem is compounded when disreptuable freelance web platforms are in the mix.

The problem is that when using a Tapatalk client I have no idea whether someone is a real poster, a newbie or just a spammer. I don’t see the post counts.

I will recommend Odesk instead of freelance.

Why?

Try Microlancer.com.

It’s too easy to use mean the process of getting job is very simple or straight forword.

Why?

I think for freelancing?

But why use MicroLancer over the other possible choices? Have you personally used it, what was your experience?

I’m not sure if Odesk qualifies to your criteria but I think they have a good platform.
You could also check on Staff.com and Fiverr. Staff.com for instance allows you to ask questions about all projects before anyone can bid for it. It’s free to sign up and post a job. They also have recruiters who can help you with everything you need to know about the processes and how they look for clients/staff around the world.
Fiverr is also a good place to post your ‘services’ or commonly known as ‘gigs’. It starts at $5 per gig but you can always increment if you are willing to offer more.