Freelance : which solution for managing personal expenses?

Hi everyone,

You freelancers, what program do you use to manage your home expenses ? I was thinking about Freshbooks, but I think it’s more for professional expenses and besides it’s not very user-friendly to me.

There are various templates you can use on Google docs for sums and accounts, if that’s the type of thing you’re after.

I have started using Mint for the last few months. It seems to be just what I want and it is free! I just had to connect a link to my bank account and it loads all activity into a register. It only took a couple of months to categorize all of my entries as they came in. Now it categorizes them and sends me a weekly report. It sends me an email notice of deposits to my account or when the balance dip below a certain amount. Much easier than any other personal finance tool I have used. Not robust enough for business though.

Unfortunately, Mint doesn’t work here in the UK…

Have you checked out Xero Personal? I’m a paying customer of the service and it is very intuitive to use. Are there specific features that you are looking for in a personal finance application (multi-currency, bank transactions importing, etc.)?