From photoshop to code

Hi, I apologize for asking this silly question but i think if this will answer this will take out what bothers in my mind!..I have heard that developers or css designer before they implement their design they do this first in Photoshop and after that they implement or they will code it…now my question is how they set the dimension in Photoshop like their layouts the dimension of buttons,forms and etc…and when they code this to css they actually get what is in the design in Photoshop.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

You can set your Photoshop measurements to pixels, and you can display rulers on your Ps document. You can also drag horizontal and vertical guidelines over your work, which helps with measuring them. You can also set your ruler to start from any point by dragging the little dotted lines from the top left corner of the document to any point on the page.

Hi ralph, what is the dimension for my new documents in photoshop do i need to adopt the scale resolution in my monitor like 1440 x 900 ?,please correct me if i am wrong.

In this era of responsive design, Ps and pixel measurements are becoming less relevant. If your site is going to have a fixed width (which is a bit old fashioned), you can give your Ps layout the same width. It doesn’t really matter, though. What matters is what happens when you code your site. Ps is not a web design tool. It’s a graphic design tool. :slight_smile: