From the request to the interview: how do you do it?

Hello,

I am eager to know how people who have conducted interviews and published them on their blogs have proceded. How do you request an interview? How did you conduct the interview?

As far as I’m concerned, I’d like to go, as much as possible, the email way. It seems easier and more conveniant to handle the process this way, both for me and the person I’ll ask questions to, than phone calls. It is less personnal, unfortunately, but I’m not going to make dive-into-your-personality-and-unveil-your-past interviews, so I should be fine.

What do you think about online interviews?

Regards.

-jj.

bump - :confused:

:slight_smile:

use ICQ, Skype - emailing takes to much time, or you’re sending a set of questions to answer? (not that much for an interview…).
Prepare a set of questions beforehand, write them down, then contact a person via skype, record your interview and post the audio. Wouldn’t work that way?

I’d like to work with written material. Yep, it’s basically a set of questions, which isn’t what you may call a real interview.

Anyone has experience with the request?

Why not have a script with a series of questions, call them via Skype and talk to them (while recording using something like Audacity) and publish the MP3 on your blog? Podcasting is very common these days, and asking your questions via Skype is pretty common for interviews to take place. :slight_smile: