Front end development tool for website

Hi, I have my website filesystem on my local machine. I want to use any tool so that I can make changes from frontend i.e.html pages and it should get encorporated with HTML code directly just as in front page. Can anybody suggest me such tools.

Itā€™s not really clear what you are trying to do, so perhaps be more specific about your exact requirements. Perhaps you want a CMS (such as WordPress)?

Are you asking for WYSIWYG editors (What You See Is What You Get?) You should probably go look into CMS like Wordpress. Thatā€™s popular.

I just use a text file editor.

WordPress doesnā€™t upload automatically to the web server. I think what he wants is a text editor with FTP capabilities and maybe even synchronization.

Dreamweaver (code view, please) or Notepad++ as an example

@shiv_jad if my understanding is correct, youā€™re looking for something like the ancient MS FrontPage app that was intended to make creating web pages that would work in old versions of IE easier for the non-techie.

Click a button, bada bing bada boom, thereā€™s the mark-up for a table etc. (along with horrendous atrocities unfit for non-IE consumption).

If you donā€™t care a hoot about the quality of a page or how it might or might not display in a browser, then by all means look for such an app. But if you want to do it right, take the advice others have given and try learning the basics of HTML and CSS and a plain text editor like Notepad++ will get you miles.

@molona, Iā€™d like to ā€œlikeā€ your reply, but thereā€™s no link.

Iā€™ll have to do this manually.

ā‰”| <---- thatā€™s supposed to be a ā€˜thumb upā€™

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@wolfshade. I can like yoursā€¦ and I did :slight_smile:

@molona, I think I may have figured out why I canā€™t see the ā€œlikeā€ links.

I work for an organization that is super-paranoid about computer security. They are probably blocking certain links/images as a precautionary measure.

I canā€™t see the ā€œlikeā€ link/button, but I can see ā€œ1 person liked thisā€ā€¦ go figure. :confused:

ā‰” and pipe | kind of workedā€¦ I need to find a better combo. :smile:

ā‰”ā”‚ is slightly better.

@RyanReese, those appear to be graphicsā€¦ are they? Iā€™m aiming for font-comprised thumbs up. :smile:

:thumbsup: would work.

:+1:
:+1:

HTML Hex/Text for Thumbs up :smiley:

Edit - Yes @WolfShade .

(Unfortunately, Discourse sanitizes the class attribute, so we canā€™t use that :frowning: )
http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icon/thumbs-up/

@cpradio, odd that the link spells ā€œfoRtawesomeā€, but the project is ā€œfoNt awesomeā€.

(When I first looked at the link, I thought it was ā€œForta Awesomeā€ā€¦ as in Ben Forta. Hehā€¦)

lol, I never noticed that until just now. Shows how observant I am.

@wolfshade No, I donā€™t think you figured it outā€¦ Iā€™m at home where I can see whatever I want toā€¦ but I canā€™t see any ā€œloveā€ in my post. So nobody likes me. Iā€™m sure someone around here is against meā€¦ @cpradio What did you do? How many times do I have to tell you not to change the icons? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not telling! And you can tell me all you want, but I left it to chance, I rolled a dice and it said, change it. :smile:

1 Like

I just realized that it can also look like something from South Park.

ā‰”ā”‚B^l <ā€” Mr. Hat (Mr/Ms Garrisonā€™s puppet)

Hehā€¦

1 Like