Future of SEO

Now a days many SEO experts are saying that future of SEO will be Social Media only. Slowly general SEO activities are getting obsolete. Activities like directory, article, pr submissions etc. Shall we need to adopt new techniques / process, if yes then on which processes or techniques we need to give more focus? Is it something like wind of change…Whats about your views?

There are another techniques like Social Bookmarking,Blog posting and Blog commenting .

Hi,
There are other techniaues like classifieds,link exchange, Forum posting etc.

The focus for SEO should be ensuring that you have great content, clear structural markup, well-written <title> and <meta description> tags and links from relevant sites. That’s all Google has ever wanted you to do, and the longer the game goes on, the smarter Google gets and the better its algorithm gets at weeding out everything else.

Over time, every common technique for spamming the internet (and that’s what most traditional SEO has been) has been whittled down, and the current spamming techniques of link farms and forum comments will pass into the past very soon.

and the current spamming techniques of link farms and forum comments will pass into the past very soon.

You said it, not very soon its happens now… those links especially from forums do not make any effect on ranking … Found many SEO’s remove the links from forums. I have many links from popular forums no improvement … but after start with content and on page optimization I can find difference in ranking and traffic

I guess google is looking to find such a method which justifies the user experience must me nice. So, unless your that web page not satisfy your visitor google will degrade its value. I guess that the overall ideal condition what i understand the objective of google in long run and may be the google plus is introduce to capture one element. This are my personal observations, correct me if I am wrong.

I don’t think so. Submission and other link building services are still important in doing SEO. It also need to generate more traffic.
There’s a lot of ways that we can do, we shouldn’t focus to one technique only

The future for SEO will be natural and discrete placement, eventually crude methods will hit the wall.

Content is king…

I don’t think so that the Place of all these Search Engine will be taken by Social savvy sites as Google is the role model of Search Engine which seems to fulfill each and every requirement at different occasion of the day. It is rather impossible for Social Media to take part of Search Engine.

See, effectiveness of ever technique change with time… Once upon a time Article marketing used to work like magic bullets but now people are leaning away from it.

No one can predict the future… But Yes, a hunt for new techniques is always on.

Quality and useful content + Social Media is something that has got a lot of importance. Suppose we post our article on one of the blog which is having a good PR, a good domain authority, good number of backlinks and so on… but the blog does not gets any traffic from social networking sites like facebook and twitter… So the backlink coming from that post will be still beneficial or it will be just a waste of time?

Well it is right that now days working of social media has increased. But the future is depends on first position I think so SEO has good future.

My thoughts exactly.

Frankly, I believe that Google is almost orchestrating SEO techniques as a way to make their algorithm better. One clever announcement by Matt Cutts or an indication from one of the many SEO sites out there and Google has a ton of freshly optimised sites to test for spam against.

SEO is just that; Optimising your site for Search. What Google wants is a clean site with a logical architecture, with good content to crawl. Google couldn’t care less if you get 25 likes on Facebook a day.

See, effectiveness of ever technique change with time… Once upon a time Article marketing used to work like magic bullets but now people are leaning away from it.

No one can predict the future… But Yes, a hunt for new techniques is always on.

My definition of SEO is ‘improving the volume or quality or traffic to your site from search engines’. By that definition there’s nothing in SEO that google like since it’s all manipulating their SERP.

What you’re talking about I refer to as SEF (Search Engine Friendly) and any competent webby should be building sites like that way anyway so either SEO doesn’t exist or it’s what I think it is. Google’s so called ‘SEO guide’ is nothing of the sort, it’s just a checklist for a well structured and code page and has no tips at all on how to rank well, they’ve been a little disingenius there.

hmm,really agree with you.Good content+Onpage optimization+authority Links improve ranking.

Social Media links are important, but their timeline is much shorter comparing to “normal links”.
FB-Likes and Shares might be more important at Bing than at Google, just because of the collaboration between Microsoft and Facebook.

My own personal thoughts are we will eventually see divisions within Google, business, social, information, video, images. I can’t see it going any other way with their bandwidth issues. Other experts disagree.

Both are different things SMO and SEO… Most of all social networking sites do not provide do follow links