Gained notoriety by organizing a contest!

Who has tried this method of promotion in social networks to make your website known? The method is simple and I want to put in practice but do not know if it has a legal basis, namely to organize a sort of contest to give a gift or more to win. Of course the prize will be quite large in order to arouse interest …

I`ve seen lots of campaigns like that, just the result is not quite what you want, the participants are usually “get for free” people, so no real buyers amongst them. But i wish you best of luck, you have the chance to increase your visibility.

It is legal as long as you follow the TOS (https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php) , basically, you will have to create a dedicated app/tab for the contest, you can’t just run it on your timeline.

[FONT=verdana]

Not necessarily, for two reasons.

First, the questioner didn’t say anything about using Facebook. If he plans to use a different social medium, the Facebook guidelines won’t be relevant.

But even within the context of Facebook, just because the contest conforms to the guidelines, that doesn’t make it legal in the country from where it is operated. In most countries, contests that have prizes of any kind are subject to regulation and control - or, at the very least, have to conform to various conditions. In fact, the Facebook guidelines itself points out that “compliance with these guidelines does not constitute the lawfulness of a promotion.”

Adistar, I suggest you take advice from a knowledgeable lawyerer in your own country before you invest any time and effort into this project.

Mike[/FONT]