Gallery page for website

Hi. My wife and I are making our own website. Our skills are limited, I did a course on HTML and CSS and showed her some of that. We have managed to find our way to where we have made a nice enough looking and functioning site and are ready to launch it, but for a gallery page. I was content with just a regular page with a bunch of nice pictures with descriptions- my wife (credit to her) said that was boring and pointed to a few websites that have what I believe is ‘flash’ or ‘java’ type gallery pages. I have NO idea how to make this, so anyone want to help I would appreciate that, thank you.

:confused:

http://galleria.aino.se/

This is what I am interested in. How do I create it? All I know is HTML and CSS. From all indications there is ‘jquery’ and ‘javascript’ etc, involved but I don’t even have the faintest idea where to begin using that.
Can I use my CSS page and make a new HTML page to make this? What goes where? I see they have the scripts on this page, but am unsure what should go where on my CSS and HTML page. The guys who wrote this obviously assumed people using this would somewhat know somewhat of what to do with it. Unfortunately I do not. Also, how do I incorporate JavaScript into the whole matter? Will there have be an entire different document/scripting for this? In essence, based on what I am trying to create (the galleria in the link above) could someone fill me in on all the details in regard to the scripting on the link as a step-by-step process to tell me what to put where>

Thank you.

I can’t do the work for you, but I’m more than happy to help you along the way.

The first step (if you don’t plan on learning Javascript - which would be the actual first step) is reading up on the jQuery documenation.

jQuery is a Javascript Framework. Frameworks such as this one are frowned upon many because of its low barrier-to-entry and the resulting issues that brings along. But, likewise, they’re also loved by many because they can be timesavers.

The second step is to play with a few tutorials on the site to get a rough understanding of the basics.

The third step is reading the documentation for the Galleria jQuery script you posted. It is of great help if you study the source code of the demo page.
Once you understand the basics of jQuery, you’ll get a rough idea on how the three layers (CSS, HTML, Javascript) work together.

Should there be any problems, post your code, so that we can guide you through.

You can do it manually with just HTML and CSS. I don’t know what you’re trying to do, however. If you want it dynamic, then you can use Javascript. I would not recommend Flash.

Some scripts listed: http://www.vivalogo.com/vl-resources/beautiful-javascript-flash-galleries.htm