Generally scroll function remain in mobile devices , but vertical scroll bar [best practice] to hide?

generally scroll function remain in mobile devices , but vertical scroll bar [best practice] to hide ?

Hi,

Can you clarify what the question is as it isn’t quite clear what you are asking :smile:

Generally mobiles don’t show scroll bars anyway until you starting dragging so I’m not sure what issue you are trying to solve?

HERE MY responsive site shown in mobile with scroll bars vertically - well if test in real device and appear scroll bars [Mobile browsers normally Not appear them??] is good practice to hide via CSS…?

Why would you care about vertical scrollbars? They are completely normal. 99.9999999999999% of sites have them. Do not hide them with CSS.

in case mobile browser show them only on scroll = swipe down?
or if show them this scroll bars are very tiny small in width compared to PC equivalents, correct?

I can’t speak for all devices, but from what I’ve seen, yes.

I mean, relative to the device, they are regular sized. They are technically “smaller”, if you want to think of it like that.

1 Like

so you in your work leave then like PC and is OK… ?

Yes :slight_smile: .

That’s not a screenshot but a representation of what the site might like look at that size. The scroll bar is there for you to scroll the design and not the devices own scrollbar.

On an iphone the scroll bar will only show when you start dragging. Indeed on my imac desktop the scrollbars only appear when you start scrolling also and do not take up real estate on the viewport.

As Ryan said you don’t need to do anything about vertical scrolling.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.