Get rid of white background

Hi all,
I have a logo design that we made in a text draw app on the iPad, it can only be saved as a jpeg how can I get rid of the white background and just have the line drawing and the stylized text. I am using Photoshop for design.
Thanks,
michell

Hi michell610. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Photoshop provides various ways to get rid of a background color like that. I’m no expert, but one thing I do is firstly to click the layers palette and change the name of the image layer from the default “background” to anything else. Then click the magic wand tool, set a low tolerance in the settings at the top (like 1). If the white areas are not all contiguous, deselect the “contiguous” box at the top. Then click on the white area with the wand and it will be selected. If you hit Delete on the keyboard, the white background will disappear.

OMG! That totally worked, thanks so much for the tip and the welcome! I am just starting out so I am sure I will be
asking a bunch more questions!
Michell

Wow, I actually helped someone with Photohop! That’s great, I’m glad it worked. There are probably better ways, but there’s so much to learn about Ps and I struggle to find the time to dig into it.

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you around. :slight_smile: