Get the Non-Watermarked Image

Hi,

Please check this code:

<li class="lazy" data-original="//static.motors.com.mm/eIG0HWajsCehiAktcmp6EUQo8N0=/fit-in/800x444/filters:watermark(http://static.motors.com.mm/OvmFV_BN5JYw0f4voKEVGVyud6Q=/800x444/WATERMARK/motors.png,0,0,0)/MM/TO002CA48FVZINTCARMM/Toyota_Probox_2008_11aad96610c1461c4af440e3e2b36c45.jpg" style="background-image: url('/images/relaunch/loading-icon.svg');"></li>

Is it possible to determine the link of the original image from this?
I assume it should be there as they implemented this code few days ago and I see the same watermark from the entries posted way before that.
So my guess is original image is somewhere in there untouched, but somehow this code shows just the watermark in front of the image.

Thanks

Hi,

You might be able to replace the watermark URL with the URL of a blank PNG but the bigger question is: do you have the rights to use these images? If this company is watermarking them it’s to stop people stealing them so using them without permission would be wrong.

Martin.

Im just trying to learn something here. No wrong intentions.
Can you extract the full URL for me?

Thanks

Hi,

One of the reasons a website might use a URL like the above for serving images is to hide the actual ‘physical’ location of an image file, so it might be that what you’re looking for isn’t publicly available. I don’t think there’s any way of knowing by looking at the URL but you could try playing around with it to get an un-watermarked version or as I say, replace the watermark URL with a transparent PNG.

Hope this helps.

Martin.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.