Getting htaccess to read from mysql database

I provided you an alternative to your problem, or rather, what seems to be your desired result.

:wink:

Thank you very much for discussing these ,I was also thinking of doing this kind of thing.

It helps me a lot for sure :slight_smile:

Noddy

dJango, in python, assigns itself as a directory handler in Apache, so all requests pass through this. This is a bit slower than letting Apache do it all, but not as slow as things would be if PHP handled all requests (which it isnā€™t designed to do - python being a compiled language is better equipped for such an approach).

This would be what I call routing. Good point on not doing it with PHP due to speed concerns, though I would like to see how that plays out in the real world.

I believe The Washington Post is the largest and most active dJango site. It was the site dJangoā€™s developers wrote it for. Thatā€™s pretty darn big by anyoneā€™s count.

Iā€™m very familiar with that site (look at the location tag)ā€“I know it was largely JSP, at least for a time, but they might well have migrated at some point.

I could be mistaken as wellā€¦ Hereā€™s the about page that explains the dev history.

The discussion made on is interesting and i came to know several new thingsā€¦

I canā€™t quite put my finger on how to do it, but ever since the first time I saw this thread I was thinking a UNIX socket descriptor to ā€œ/public_html/dir/.htaccessā€ could work somehow.

Can you explain more , what you are trying to do?

Mainly for my custom cms i have developed i want it to run a cron job or somthing to check what files from the pages table to check if they are published if they are get an htaccess file to read the php script some how in the users directory that loops through all the pages and find which pages are published and which arent?

Can this be done to get a htaccess file to run php?