Getting Started with Wintersmith: A Node.js-based Static Site Generator

Yea, for the most part, I like Hexo’s documentation, but it is sometimes lacking some information or uses a pretty terse answer that doesn’t really help much, especially for configuration. It also seems pretty flexible regarding the templating languages you use, which can actually be annoying since none of the themes I downloaded to look at used the recommended Swig, though that may have something to do with the fact that they recently switched to it in version 3.

I’m not really sure of the point of Swig… it’s so similar to so many other templating languages, but at least it isn’t Jade :stuck_out_tongue:. I wish people would stop making alternatives and just help out on projects that already exist unless you’re actually working to create something completely different. Same goes for sooo many open source projects.

I personally like the idea of Jade’s syntax, but I can’t bring myself to learning a completely different HTML syntax. Most templating languages allows you to only need to learn new code for the dynamic markup, but let you use plain HTML everywhere else, which is a huge plus. Once you get used to Jade, it can help speed up development, but it’s just another language you need to learn because you still need to know HTML.