Getting taunted on Twitter

Oh right ! But i was wondering if anybody was stupid enough to trash talk a brand… Because then you can be sure to get legally attacked.

THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO DARE TO DO SO.NOTHING MUCH CAN BE DONE ABOUT THEM.

Yes, but one person doesn’t make an entire company bad, and there are many bad people within good companies. If I were looking at a freelancer and they had been bad-mouthed on Twitter for being unprofessional, late or having shoddy when then I would think twice about hiring them over another equal candidate. We all would.

Absolutely, but time is money and I know for a fact that some HR managers won’t bother if they’ve got a bad reference on Twitter.

If you’re trading under your own name then you are a brand.

[FONT=Verdana]This article from the BBC is relevant and worth a read. It includes this section:

When individuals post material online, they act as publishers and their publications are subject to the same laws as those of professional publishers, such as newspapers.

This includes publications made by way of a tweet. A retweet also amounts to a further publication.

The person who retweets that material will be responsible for the content of that retweet.
[/FONT]

I don’t know what legal counsel costs in the U.K. but in the U.S. a “few hours” consultation with the addition of a written letter can cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. The last attorney I consulted charged a minimum of $50.00 per phone call and that was for 10 minutes or less.

Whether a person is “good” or “bad”, they must follow company policies if they wish to keep their job. If the company policy is to hire or not based on a tweet seen on twitter, then I restate, it is not a company I would choose to work for. One of the main stays of successful freelance is that freelance providers should be as picky in choosing their clients as their clients are in choosing their providers. If it doesn’t work both ways, it won’t work at all, IMO.

Ya I agree with the fact the if you are good or bad you are that for yourself.But if you come to company you will have to abide by the rules of company.That is nothing to do with your private behaviour.You will have to obey the rules and regulations of company and maintain its dignity.

just report them each and every single time.

I ignore idiots anyway.

[ot]@blackrash - please don’t use all capital letters for your posts. It makes them difficult to read, and also implies that you are shouting. Thank you. :)[/ot]

Ok bro.Ya I agree with your advice.Will pay attention to this from now on.Thanks for suggestion.

Block him/her. If your twitter account is not that important to you, why not disabled it for a short period of time.

The user will then not be able to contact you and will most likely give up.

Why should anyone have to disable an account because another member of a website is badgering them? Blocking is surely something you can and should do, but if that won’t solve the problem to your satisfaction, you need to contact that website’s support. If you are willing to spend money on an attorney to solve the problem, you should certainly be willing to call their support if they don’t answer your emails or contact them through registered postal mail if necessary.

I have only suggested this as a last resort as I doubt twitter will take much or any action.

-Owen

Report the account and then ask all your friends/followers to report the account as well. The more reports received the higher up the list of accounts to review it goes within twitter.

Posting anything that is against your will and intention is a serious offence. Your profile is personal to you. This is never the objective, intetion of purpose of any social networking website. If someone has been committing this act, quite frequently to you it is better if you can talk them directly, if you are able to get their contact details. You can post strict warning on their post and can take the matter to the complaint authorities. :slight_smile: