GhostScript Embed Font Issue (WinServer 2008 r2)

I am using PHP and GhostScript to convert Word files to PDFs and this works great. Now we have introduced a custom font present in some Word files that I need to embed in the pdf or else the font will appear skewed.

I installed the fonts on the server (WinServer 2008 r2) by right-clicking the files and selecting “Install”. However, there are several issues preventing me from embedding the font.

1. The custom font once installed does not display a path to the file or the file name on the file system which is information I need to pass to GhostScript to embed the font.
  2. In Control Panel > Fonts, in the “Font Embeddability” column it says “Installable” while all the other fonts say “Editable”. The “Font Type” column lists the custom font as “Open Type”.

Since I don’t know the file name to add to this “-sFONTPATH=c:/Windows/fonts”, I can’t reference the file to embed.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I found a simple solution by using the command line:

cd c:\Windows\fonts
dir /d

There are so many fonts installed that the /d switch is required to view in three columns so that all fonts are visible. At least I know the name of my custom fonts so I can list in the path for GhostScript: “sFONTPATH=c:/Windows/fonts/fontname.ttf”

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.