GIVEAWAY: Win a ticket for the Oracle JavaOne Conference in San Francisco!

My boss will give me a week off to atender JavaOne because he believes that improving people knowledge will improve our University software team capacities. :slight_smile:

We are a java shop and we are two blocks to Moscone center!

Of course, I will follow our usual office procedure. Create a memo, respectfully asking for permission and attach the free event and document info re Java One. Will also attach my vacation leave application. Sorry guys, can’t think of any other way of doing it coz my boss is strict. Can I have the five days vacation please??? and a little prayer.

Java is Java ! The technology that really affects the global village. It’s like similar to linux that if you know how to execute it then it is one of the best language that help you code not for computers but for consumer products toooooooooooooooo !

Me: I’d love to be able to leave something witty or clever here, but I’m afraid my cup of java hasn’t kicked in yet. Being able to attend this Java conference, however, would likely provide me with more than enough energy to keep me going for a long time. :smile:

Boss: You’ve never been witty or clever. But since our organization could use the information from this all too important event, we’ll shell out for the hotel and airfare.

Boss: Oh, and Brian?

Me: Yes, sir?

Boss: Don’t ever use an emoticon to speak to me again!

Hi,the reason i would give my boss to attend is conference is thatI need to aquire new knowledge, and exposure. Meet different people with different experiences and knowledge and learn from the, which is beneficial for boj me and thr company and also share my experiences with these people. And when the event is finished,I will come back to the company and teach others what o learnt from thr event.

I will tell to my boss to let me go at JavaOne and if he won’t do it,I will take his e-mail under my control and will say that I know about his little secret that includes the secretary >:)
Ha ha,i would really enjoy to be there because i’m a begginer in programming and this place will be a huge inspiration for me.

Cya

I will not need to convince my boss to grant the week off as he readily understands the value of the knowledge to be learned and shared amongst the teams and team members and empowers us to make such smart decisions ourselves. Unfortunately, the organization does not recognize the value and those coworkers who are going thus far have paid their Java One, lodging, and air fare entirely on their own. But they will have the week off! And if I win a full pass, I will book my flight and lodging and shall happily be amongst them so we can share the information and technologies we learn upon return.

Thanks everyone! The contest is now over and the winners will be notified today.