Going to China

I have a few basic questions that I cannot find the answer to anywhere about mainland China:

1. Are mainland Chinese web sites usually in simplified Chinese or Pinyin or neither?
  2. Do you have to have your site physically located or hosted by a mainland Chinese provider to get indexed by Baidu?

Thanks. Any help is much appreciated…

[FONT=Verdana]You might find this recent thread helpful:

I saw this. Thx.

chinese websites also have english version, maybe
whether the website is getting indexed by baidu or only by google, it’s up to your content of the websites.

all over the world all websites have internation languages, so english as well, be sure.

if the site for the domestic market, the English version may not be

welcome to P.R.China. i feel amazing that i can log in this website from china!

firstly i’m sorry for my poor English;)

1. Are mainland Chinese web sites usually in simplified Chinese or Pinyin or neither?
    ——Yes, mainland Chinese web sites are usually in simplified Chinese, maybe websites of companies are in both Chinese and English, but no pinyin at all.

2. Do you have to have your site physically located or hosted by a mainland Chinese provider to get indexed by Baidu?
    ——sorry, i don’t know.

by the way, maybe you cannot visit “you tube” “twitter” and “facebook”, so far i have not visited them successfully. AND, i’m not scaring you friend, the food in china have got many problems, such as fake foods, poisonous rice, man-made plastic eggs, and years ago milk and drinks had problems too. recently, the oil for food becomes a big problem, some people make oil from rotten food and internal organs of animals.
HOWEVER, many Chinese girls like western men, especially in big cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen…i think mainly beacuse they think western men are rich.

I’m a Chinese, and replying you just in China.
but l do like America better, the environment and traffic seems better than those in china。 if i have enough money, i would move to US or Canada…

If you want a .cn domain name then you need to be based in China or, if you are based overseas, you need at least 1 full-time salaried member of staff residing in China.
You will probably find Baidu very similar to Google in appearance and everyday use.
There is a lot of scare-mongering about the food. Sure there have been incidents but the Government crack down so hard you wouldn’t believe it, totally different to the egg & hamburger scandals we had in the UK some time back (I can’t remember which politician it was who made his daughter eat a hamburger in front of the press to ‘prove’ it was safe)

Most websites are in Chinese. Of course you can design in English, but few people will browse it.