Good performance laptop for web development?

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]I am in search of a laptop for web design/development.

Some of the programs I use and have open all day

[LIST]
[]Adobe Photoshop
[
]Firefox
[]Chrome
[
]Adobe Dreamweaver
[]Adobe Fireworks
[
]Itunes
[*]Adobe Premier Elements
[/LIST]What I’m looking for:

[LIST]
[]Fairly fast, I run a core i7 @ 2.93GHz desktop and it would need to be similar in terms of performance.
[
]About 6 gigs of memory.
[]Looks not that important.
[
]A good sized screen from 15" up.
[]Battery life not that important.
[
]Reliable.
[*]€900 budget.
[/LIST]I have been looking at this Acer laptop and it seems to tick all the boxes but I’ve never used an acer before and think of them as cheap? Are they good?

Anywho, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edit; Just found this Lenovo from another thread but it’s an i5, will this be slower?[/FONT][/COLOR]

2 years ago I got myself an HP pavilion (G71) … 4GB DDRAM, good processor, 320GB HDD, 17.3 inches display. I am VERY pleased with it. It runs all my design software with no problems. Has cost me $560

Cheers dojo. What processor did you get with yours?

[URL=“http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_02PC/02_NOTEBOO/22_17/productdetails/80004747/HP_17_3_DV7_6B15ED_A8_3510_8GB_1TB/QJ376EA_ABH/default.aspx”]Something like this HP?

Is this amd processor good?

Dell brand is also best laptop provide.

lenovo is best brand of laptop for web design and development.

There are so many laptops in market with i7 processor. But it must be with graphic card or minimum 1gb makes it smoother while working on graphics.

I would recommend you would get a video-gaming laptop, these usually have the most powerful hardware…a recommendation…I would go for a dual video output, HDMI+VGA/DVI at least…if you want to start design, you will quickly learn you will need more than one screen to do your business on. 8 Gb of RAM is almost nothing, when it comes to money, and a dual HDD, one SSD for fast windows start-up and load times, and a second 7200 RPM HDD, 1TB for storage. DELL had a 17" laptop ~1000 USD good for this kind of job…don’t remember the model though…

Go for hp this is the best one ever

I use Dell! It’s quiet good.

I would agree with HP Pavillion. Apple Mac Book Pro is also a Good choice.

At the risk of starting an age old debate, would you consider moving to Mac? I made the change late last year after more than a developing on a PC (to a Macbook Air, which contrary to popular believe IS powerful enough for dev work) and wouldn’t ever look back.

Agree. Mac is always a good choice. Thanks for Steve Jobs for letting us experience this great machine.

I think MacBook Pro will be the right choice.
It is available on various screen sizes varying from 13 to 17 inches.
i7 Core. Memory expendable upto 8 GB.
Great speed and high reliability of hardware
4GB 1333MHz
500GB 5400-rpm1
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5
Built-in battery

I have experienced with VAIO VPCEN33, Its a weird machine. I think they have halt the production for this model.
I would recommend you not to go for this product if the product is still available in the market

According to me HP Envy 17 good for better performance…
Type- General Purpose, Media, Desktop Replacement
Processor Name -Intel Core i7-2670QM
Operating System -Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor Speed -2.2 GHz
RAM- 8 GB
Weight- 7.5 lb
Screen Size- 17.3 inches
Screen Size- Type Widescreen
Native Resolution -1920 x 1080
Graphics Card- AMD Radeon HD 7690M
Graphics Memory -1024
2nd Graphics Card- Intel HD Graphics 3000
Storage Capacity -(as Tested) 750 GB
Rotation Speed- 7200 rpm
Networking Options- 802.11n

try VAIO S Series 15.5" Laptop
its have all the quality you need.
and best of luck for your work dear.

For web developer, usually Macbook Pro will be the best choice but it expensive.
Rather than Acer, i suggest you look for HP and Toshiba , which it more quality and reliable.

On your reliable price you can use one laptop of dell bostro series. These are really nice in look and boss in performance.

[FONT=Verdana]I expect the OP has bought his laptop, after all this time.

Thread closed.[/FONT]