Good SEO ranking without backlinks?

Hello Everyone,
I was just reading an e-book in which the author states that with themed content you can rank well in Google without the need of buildings backlinks. I was wondering if this is true or if I am wasting my time just writing themed articles without building any backlink to the pages…

Thanks

Regardless of the SEO implications, good quality backlinks from popular sites will help people find your site, which is what you want. Backlinks are also good for SEO, although Google now puts less weight on them than it used to.

However, what’s really important is not the links, but the content of the articles you are writing. If you want a lot of visitors, the only sure way to achieve that is to focus on writing original, useful and interesting content. That will be a better use of your time than trying to build backlinks by artificial means.

Mike

It depends how competitive the field is. If there are not many other high profile sites targeting the same topics, you can often get a first page ranking just for having good content. On the other hand, if you’re going after a generic topic that has lots of competition, you’re going to struggle, no matter what strategies you use, but you’ll certainly need to work harder at it.

Also remember that you don’t have to build backlinks to get backlinks. I have lots of inbound links pointing to pages on my website that I haven’t asked for, because other webmasters have found my site and wanted to link to it because they felt it would help their visitors. Of course, that assumes that your site can be found in the first place, so it’s a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation.

You may get ranked high for good content even without backlinks… But, just to speed up the process of improving rank I would advise you to do link building.

hope it was free, otherwise you were scammed

Its possible and its not possible too because the more chances are to create Unique Content with low competitive keywords than you can get better ranking without creating backlinks and if you hv fresh content with high competitive keyword than you has to build backlinks to achieve good ranking.

Somehow I am agree with facebooklicious But I will say make your site for visitor not for search engine & follow Search Engine Guide line.

Thnanks

No Way!! How does Google identify good content? There are millions of pages on same article, the only way its algo could determine good quality content is the no of sites linking to it. There are various other factors too but the base are links and will always be until Google rewrites all the algorithm. (Page rank, Dofollw/Nofollow/, OBL, relevancy) of the page linking to yours is the deciding factor.

I am.
The vast majority of webmasters have their ideas about links totally backward.

1.In theory, the perfect search engine determines the best serp for your search by analyses of the content of the sites on the web. A normal city library would do that by consensus of the librarians that have read the books or their reviews.
2.A search engine emulates that with a weighed result of several hundred algorithms; one of them is the number of backlinks.
3.A backlink in it’s natural form is a recommendation from me for your webpage. Therefore, if you write the best content in the world about subject x, people will read it and post links to it in order to help others find it.
That is in a nutshell why it is total nonsense that you can not rank well without building or buying links. I have a number of pages both on my site and on my blog that come up number 1 ( as in top of page 1 ) in various search engines including Google even though I have never bought a link for them. Try “Potterton Puma repair” depending on where you are in the world, you may have to add (south) London.

Hi,
I think you already know about the google updates, and all updates always says that you should concentrate on your content they never say anything about the backlinks. Backlinks are also important but there is no use of backlinks if you don’t have the unique and keyword rich content.

OK my first mesage was deleted :slight_smile:
I think that backlinks are very important in SEO (together with : good content on regular base). @Benbob I agree with you that backlinks if they are natural (if somebody reads something interesting that You wrote and backlinks You , that is much bigger backlink then that which you get from link exchange from my site to your).

it’s true but you need to improve your internal linking and content originality. If your content of website is weak then you have no chance to get higher rank in SE.

One of my sites ranking on #2 on google next to wikipedia… I never worked hard for it…just worked for two weeks and thats done…its almost 5 months and still at #2.

First reason, the keyword must have less or no competition.
Second, quality backlinks
Third, content must be original and good without any grammar mistake.

I do agree with your points, you can rank higher if you follow these three simple step which you have mentioned (average keywords, few quality backlinks and original content with out any mistakes) when doing seo for your website one can easily gain ranking fo his website.

yes the site rank in top if the keyword typed in google matches the domain name.
example if u typed website designing in google means then the site with domain name websitedesigning.co.in rank first place.

No it doesn’t - I can’t see that site in the first 10 for that phrase.

i just tell example,if u try that word it may appear or not appear
i just tell example

nonsense! You said:

That site does not appear first for what you said!

u not understand .
my search engine is google.co.in
check in this search engine

check on domain name i given not on google.com
google.co.in