Google+1 wants to involve social media into results

Google invented a new “like” button. probably to use in their algorithms for the search results:
It’s called “plus one” and the button will look like this:

The plus one’s will be displayed in search results like this:

The +1 button is shorthand for “this is pretty cool” or “you should check this out.”

Click +1 to publicly give something your stamp of approval. Your +1’s can help friends, contacts, and others on the web find the best stuff when they search.

Google +1 Button

I had thought it was an April Fool’s joke, but unfortunately this was posted 31 March.

When people start “Liking” search results, it means 4chan or some other group of trolls is going to go to google en masse and upvote all the links with “rutabega” in them, or maybe pedobear, just to skew the results.

Meanwhile, another search engine has been creating actual useful features, like !syntax for refined searching. : )

Didn’t they already attempt this?

Google has tried to break into social in various forms – anyone remember dodgeball?

This one might work a bit better given that many trust google more than facebook . . .

Psh, even better: if it works, they’ll get all those trolls I warned about, so they’ll link it to Facebook’s Like button so you can only Like when you’re logged into Facebook so everyone knows who liked the links for “dancing naked with your dog” results and then you can even have it posted on your wall that you liked it!

Of course by then, Google will own Facebook… or Facebook will own Google, or something nefarious like that

insanity continues…

I didn’t notice this. But,I think they’re trying to experiment if it will work. I don’t really think Google needs a ‘like’ button.

By the way,if this will work,do you think it will affect the ranking? It’s interesting!!