Google +1

Hello

How many you believe Google +1 and Facebook like both are same?

As per my view Google +1 really affect in SEO work… what you think on this?

No, they are not even close.

Facebook like reach a network of 600 million people with an average of over 138 friends per user. Liking something generates immediate awareness to the “liker’s” network plus establishes data and some credibility for the long term. Through Facebook’s API these likes can be translated back into navigation, notifications and more.

At this time +1s show up in profiles which are a remote part of the web as well as back on sites in aggregate form. Thus they are still giving you the aggregate benefits but do not have the actual social benefit… no one is seeing what their friend +1s. There are however immediate SEO benefits [re-ordering your own rankings and that of your Google contacts for now] and potentially some big long term ones [perhaps impacting overall results].

In short you have two tools that while similar in appearance and both with “aggregate validation” but entirely different connections to search and social networks.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this, and I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that deep-down Google hopes that people will think that enough for them to adopt it all over their website…

In all honesty, as Google announced the Chrome blocklist plugin a month or two before the Panda update I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t another way of tackling spam and improving search results towards what people seem to want.

Yes I think that +1 button come in competition of face book like button and same with twitter. SEO benefits can be possible if we get hit at +1 button on search engine from separate geo… And this feature made for more popularity of Google buzz

I guess Google would use it as a ranking factor in future.

At this point it is not clear how much of an impact on rankings the +1 button is having, but it appears to have more of an impact when someone within your social network +1’s some content you search for, so at this point the affect appears to be more personalized.

I would expect as Google learns more about how people are using it, and is able to discern better real from spam +1 clicks then it will become a more important signal within the rankings.

How will it affect SEO and results? Google said:

Content recommended by friends and acquaintances is often more relevant than content from strangers. For example, a movie review from an expert is useful, but a movie review from a friend who shares your tastes can be even better. Because of this, +1’s from friends and contacts can be a useful signal to Google when determining the relevance of your page to a user’s query. This is just one of many signals Google may use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, and we’re constantly tweaking and improving our algorithm to improve overall search quality. For +1’s, as with any new ranking signal, we’ll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality.

Google Plus One Publisher Button Launches

The idea of Google’s +1 button is to track the user activities and depending upon the clicks it improves the search results. Both Facebook like and Google +1 button are social sharing button but i think both works differently. By clicking on Facebook like i can share only with friends on my facebook profile but by clicking on Google +1 will show up in Google search results where every one who uses Google as search engine can see it.
And also Google shows up twitter feed in real time results not facebook share or like.

yes… first of all thanks for nice discussion on Google +1,

Right now google also announce Google Panda 2.2 release soon so thats means we will see some major update in SERP and our SEO work… thats sure Google+1 feature will help when we work on City or particular country

In terms of the +1 being a benefit for SEO - check out this experiment: http://www.seoeffect.com/images/the%20seo%20effect%20google%20%2B1%20button%20experiment.pdf

To sum it up, there’s little to no SEO benefit, and due to the nature of such experiments it would be extremely difficult to see if the Google +1 button was behind the changes or not.