Google Analytics

The very best tracking software that I know about is Omniture (which is an Adobe product). You can do some absolutely amazing things with this software.

But check out the price. I will stick with Google Analytics.

Ingenyes.

I’m a past Omniture customer and while GA offers much of what the typical site will use, the ability to merge multiple data sources together is in its self a massive advantage, especially for multi-channel businesses.

Similar to Omniture is WebTrends [who is doing some great things in social analytics] and CoreMetrics. All 3 are enterprise tools.

I will have to check out these (I’ve only heard a little bit about WebTrends). The latest version of Omniture has a lot of features around social media/metrics. The whole social media thing is really taking off and you need to be able to track how well you are doing.

Ingenyes

Just be careful not to confuse direct analytics with social results. The best viral campaigns never touch a link because the user, not the brand, is the one making the post and when users post they rarely include tracking codes.

Where can you get Omniture from? I looked on there website and it doesn’t say anything about where to buy/download or even if it cost anything?

Omniture is actually owned by Adobe.

You can also get a read a good description of all the stuff you get with it on Wikipedia.

Omniture [and the others names mentioned] is an enterprise analytics suite, you can reach out to a sales rep and they will contact you to discuss your needs and put together a proposal. If you’re serious about this caliber of analytics I can connect you with a member of their team directly as well.

eh no thanks. Not at this moment I do not have a need for something that big. If I do I will keep you in min. Thanks.

Sorry if there was confusion, I’m not associated with Omniture but I know a few people who work there. It’s not something that comes up here often but certainly worth askin about.

Analytics is the best one I have ever used. There new real time beta is pretty neat. You can see visitors currently on your site and what pages they are currently on. It’s really neat!

Am using Google Analytics from the past 2 years and am satisfied with it. It gives all those things which i think necessory to know and moreover its free of cost :smiley:

Also these “real time” statistics are only for people who are on your site at the moment.

It’s not real time in the way a program like Statscounter is, where you can easily see the last X amount of visitors and their entire clickpath.

Yep! Analytics is BEST out there to keep track of the traffic to your site… when we are making all our efforts to please google,why not get used to one more product from the Big G :)! just kidding, honestly it has everything that you need to check and evaluate in terms of traffic and other related aspects

My answer would be yes. As google analytic help you to keep track of the visitors visiting your site and it helps you to keep a track of usage of your site by user of different geographical region.

Hi Barnum
Well Google Analytic is not only use for keeping website record but its very crucial tool form SEO point of view, it help you a lot for tracking the points and keywords for which the site is getting maximum traffic.

All that needs to be said has been said.

THREAD CLOSED.