Google and Google Chrome?

Hi I submited a new site to Google. No problems, it came up on Google search results.
I then went to see the client who uses Chrome as his browser and his site was nowhere to be seen.
Does the Chrome browser use a different version of Google?
Thanks Alan.

[FONT=Verdana]Google won’t care what browser you are using, everything else being equal it will give you the same result regardless (with the possible exception of mobile browsers).

Of course, there’s a big caveat there - “everything else being equal”. Remember that Google knows a lot about you and your browsing habits, especially if you browse and search while logged into a Google account. And it uses that knowledge to tailor its search results to what it thinks will be most relevant to you. So if it knows that you often visit a particular site, it is likely to push that further up the page than it might otherwise have done. Likewise if it thinks that you often refer to a particular geographical area, or your IP is registered to a particular area, it may push pages relevant to that area higher up. So then, when you search on someone else’s computer, all those titbits that Google knows about you have suddenly gone out of the window, and Google doesn’t know that your client likes to visit that site so it doesn’t prioritise it.

What you’re actually seeing there is more likely to be the “true” and unbiased result that most people would see. It’s good practice for webbies to keep one “clean” browser that you never use to log in to your Google account, where you can search for words or phrases and not click on the links – you just use this to see the natural ranking position of sites untainted by Google’s knowledge of your browsing habits.[/FONT]

Quite strange that your clients browser is not showing up the changes.But if you’re still seeing the results then ask your client to check in other browser.

Yes, I am quite agreed with the statement said by Stevie D regarding the sustainable preference to the site according to particular geographical area. Google ranking algorithm is really smart enough, to judge and manipulate your keywords behavior. May be this can happen of not cleaning your browser history or cookies due to which at that time, showing unbiased ranking results or may be you are log in to your Gmail account. So, make sure these things while confirming rankings to the client.

I hope you get clear about the things :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Alpha

Personalized Results. I experienced the same issue. Log out of your Google account and try to search again, I believe they have an icon now where you can choose NOT to show Personalized Results.

the browser from which you submitted the website, remove all the history cookies etc from it and then search again on google it will give you the same result as using your client’s browser because google keeps the history of user and show altered result when searched again from the same browser

Thanks for the feedback and interesting comments guys (& gals).
Ive heard all about ‘personalized search results’. Im not sure whether its good or bad.
If a search engine knows what a person is into not into, are the results going to be more useful and relevent?
Or is it a privacy matter?
Alan.

[FONT=Verdana]Personally, I think it’s good. I like the way Google knows what I’m likely to be looking for. That’s particularly true when searching for a place name that appears in other parts of the country and the world. (The only time it’s a problem is when I give a Google link (particularly for a map) only to find that it brings up a different place for some recipients!)

If you’re searching for something that you don’t want Google to associate with you, there are options to log out, use a different browser, private browsing session etc.[/FONT]

There something is mistakes. Search is not related to the browser. Result are always same.