Google Buzz - New (Gmail) social-networking feature

hi, I thing this will be a good social network…

the main reason i say “meh” is that i just don’t have the time to work out another network. the one i’m on is about as much time as i want to devote to social networking. i’m not interested in another.

I think its nice but I wont use it much. I don’t like any of this twitter-like stuff much.

Ye- I generally concur with people here. At first, I thought it might be good for keeping family friends updated, but then that’s what Facebook is for :slight_smile: And, in my experience people might not even use gmail anyway. Most of my family don’t for starters, as they are all on yahoo/hotmail.

I haven’t get time to check it out … but it really look like as a mini feature available exactly below my in box.

It’s a nice feature and well intentioned but I can’t really see it doing much to make a dent in the likes of Twitter who have all the celebrity backing along with a well established and proven track record. I can see it being something really useful for when Google Wave goes final though, it’ll tie in the package! :slight_smile:

I would have to agree with most of you. I’m normally the first to jump behind Google innovations, but not this one.

It just seems like Buzz all on it’s own is just not going to work. We’ve all become so accustomed to Twitter that Buzz is just another place to go and update my status.

That being said, could it be part of a larger plan? How will buzz interact with the other Google products? Yes, they’ve made it part of Gmail but what about Wave? What about Friend Connect? Why do I still have the ability to set a different status message for GTalk and why isn’t it synchronized with Buzz?

There are just too many loose ends to see this as the final product.

Um, well maybe I spoke too soon. If I had bothered to log back into my Gmail and look at Buzz I would have seen that I can already connect with with a slew of services like YouTube, Twitter and GTalk.

That’s debatable.

I just turned it off too… thats cool i thought it was mandatory.

Very distracting with the icon next to the link.

They have made some privacy updates:

Gmail has many, many more users than twitter. Probably much less of an attrition rate, too.

If they can manage to make it not suck, I think it could be a contender.

I have read most of the comments as entry of Buzz will kill more to Facebook than Twitter. But in fact its triangular war now.

I think buzz is not still a good competitor to face book and twitter.

i don
t likes to using google buzz, because it was only have gmail account can join that …
I prefer to used used facebok and twitter to shared informatin and increase traffic also do promotion …

Thanks

I think what I’m really starting to like about Buzz is the integration level with other products, even non-Google products. I don’t have to download an application to get it to sync with Twitter and there are no 3rd party services to make some functionality work.

At first I really couldn’t see the point but it’s beginning to grow on me. :slight_smile:

Yes, it is. :cool:

Well, I wish I could try it out and complain about it like the rest of you guys, but it isn’t in Google Apps!

Can’t you see it just under ‘Inbox’ in Gmail? (You have to be using Gmail, as far as I know) :slight_smile: