Google Caching CSS - Content Jumping Main Table

Everything on the site tests fine with browsers, but going into Google cach pages, the content appears to be jumping out of the main table and off to the right where it’s not even viewable. Leaving where it should be blank.

Is there a common cause for this?

Does the cach size something different than the browser?

What site are you talking about? Have you made any changes recently to the webpage?

Have made changes to about 8 of the pages but 20+ are doing this.
I’m trying to figure out how the cache renders pages differently.
Or if there is a problem in general with Google caching pages with basic table layout containing CSS defined width sections.

Did you edit any CSS of that?

I’d wait a week ,give google another chance to index. If it’s still messed up then I’d contact google about potential causes (or perhaps google has results pertaining to cache issues such as what you are having)

I’m afraid that’s all the advice I can relaly offer :). Hopefully google just needs to reindex your site.

CSS was updated, but not on some of the affected pages.
Only thing I can think of is that there might be some sort of a cache of a cache (passing it one similar page to the next)

Apologize for the double post, but since the cache has now been updated:

With an update of index, nothing has really changed.

Could this be due to:

]<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

instead of:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
            "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

OR because the css appears within the confines of a table, instead of an entire div structure?

The doctype for htis issue shouldn’t really make that much of a difference. It could be the the 2nd issue you mentioned. How is hte HTML structured in the cache view? Is it the same as the online version?

While beginning to look at the html, I noticed when clicking on the cached “Text-only version” link, there is no “jump out of the table”. The jump happens only with the “Full version” link of cache.

What could this mean? It is being caused by the css on the stylesheet or the css has not been updated by Google? ( since the stylesheet is missing from the “Text-only version” )