Google Chrome Flash Plugin Crashes - How to fix it?

I have been dealing with this problem for almost a year now. I am using Google chrome as my browser. At times, it suddenly hangs/freezes and that note about flash plugin crashing would then appear. It’s a total headache.

Anyone had the same problem? What did you do to fix this issue?

I had this for a while too on Linux and found the following article very helpful:

My recommendation is very simple. Unistall Chrome :slight_smile: My long experience shows that Mozilla Firefox is the best browser nowadays.

hey, thank you very much. The article presented reflected the issue with my chrome. I got 2 flash plugins, 1 for chrome and 1 for mozilla. I disabled that of the chrome per advise. :slight_smile:

Yeah, this is sort of like the last resort according to the link shared by cpradio. But, I’ll see if the steps presented would work before re-installing. I’m not really a big fan of mozilla. Not since chrome came about. It would take some time to load.

Ya i too got that problem when i have opened many tabs in the Chrome browser i just neglect that and closed all the tab and restarted the browser simple running as before

I have this problem but uninstalling and re installing does not seem to fix the problem.

Did you read the article that cpradio posted? It’s pretty handy. I had the same problem too—and jeesh, I had 3 versions of Flash going on there.

Yes I have tried those steps with no luck. Also I only have one flash installation so no conflicts :s. May just switch to another browser.

This didn’t actually affect me (or at least I never had crashes), but this may be of interest if your crashing was just recently occurring.
http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/5gky0X5TvJ4/story01.htm

Thanks for the link. I’ve been having a lot of problems with Chrome hanging. At first I was removing flash and re-installing it. Then I downgraded my flash but was still having problems. Since this was made available to me today I will continue to monitor my Chrome. BTW Firefox in my opinion was at one time a good browser but has also had recent problems with add-ons.

Hey guys. I followed cpradio’s post. My flash hasn’t crashed for some time now. It works for me. The thing is I tend to open a lot of tabs and I don’t want to close it all and open everything back again when the flash plugin crashes. It’s like a waste of time on my end, considering that it can happen at any time.

HI TO ALL
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CHROME ADD ON I WANT TO BLOCK ADDS OF SITE PLZ TELL ME THE ADD ON NAME.THAT IS WORK PERFECT.

Hi Tom, I think you have two problems, one being your CAPS LOCK is stuck and the second being what you described. Searching for Ad Block Plus should help you resolve one of the two problems, you may need to replace your keyboard to fix the other.

It comes often that flash has crashed don’t worry it is not that harm. Leave some space it automatically get corrected by itself