Google/Firefox Caching serps!

I am having an issue with one computer at home. Basically When I use Firefox to check one of my sites in google it comes in position 3 for a certain keyword.If I use Firefox and the same search word on Google on any of the other 3 machine in my house my site comes up 5th!!!

This has been happening for the last 5 days!!!

I have tried clearing firefox cache, rebooting machine, turning disk cache off, turning memory caching off.

Any ideas? I know its always good to be higher in the serps but I want an accurate position so I can see if my work is actually working.

So any ideas?

Thanks

Clear your cookies too, make sure you’re signed out of any Google accounts. On BOTH computers you’re comparing.

Google serves personalized search results to every single person. This was activated in December. If you are signed in to a Google account, the search history of that account is used to personalize your results. If you are not signed in, then a cookie is used to identify you and associate you anonymously with your search history to personalize your results.

The easiest way to see what non-personalized results for a search are is to use the “private browsing” feature of your browser. That way you don’t have to keep deleting cookies and signing out from things.

Dan, thanks Very Much. I have been trying to sort this for days. I have searched the net and no answers have worked. You were correct it was Google and their Web History. I wasnt signed in but I disabled the Web History and now all computers say I am in position 5.

Thanks very much.