Google Instant

The main components of Google Instant are :1) Predictions 2) Instant Results 3)Scroll To Search and Google instant has not affected the SEO irankings. So no need to worry. Google Instant is a new search enhancement that shows results as you type. Google Instant is being referred as search at the speed of thought.

Interesting take on all this from Charlie Brooker in the Guardian

It’s the internet on fast-forward, and it’s aggressive – like trying to order from a waiter who keeps finishing your sentences while ramming spoonfuls of what he thinks you want directly into your mouth, so you can’t even enjoy your blancmange without chewing a gobful of black pudding first…

Don’t like the feature and I turned it off.
If I’m looking for something and typing I know what word I am going to type. I don’t need instant results on few letters.
Completely useless imo.

As the search algorithm is not change, it means you can use the same SEO Strategy for boosting the ranking that you using now, but you need to adapt the change of user behavior that means about keyword researching, the listing elements (such as Title, Meta Tag, etc) and also explore the new area that you will be gain more exposure.

Thanks. But you were a whole decade out in your original post.

Yep, I noticed that.

I read somewhere that there are still Dodos alive and kicking in Mauritius.

hey,everyone. I am a freshman at this forum. I am so glad to see you all. In the end , thank you offering the stage for us to discussion.

Let me know when they do something other than better search engine results. But that’s starting to go south, since around 2006-07 - all you get these days is wordpress blogs with google ads on them, yay :stuck_out_tongue:

If you don’t want to see results as you type, you can turn off Google Instant by clicking the link next to the search box on any search results page, or by visiting your Preferences page.

I find this new feature kind of annoying, but I think I will get used to it and like it more. My searching feels a lot faster, its just getting used to it.

I think you might be missing the point?

Google Instant isn’t necesarily faster for an individual search (although it can save typing time by autocompleting your search query) but what it allows you to do is make multiple searches whilst doing an individual search. Instead of typing something, getting some results, deciding that it’s not what you wanted and repeating the process, you can look at suggested results AS you type and maybe either find what you were looking for before having to complete typing it or find an alternitive that satisifies your requirements better then the original search would have.

It’s also great if you’re not sure what you’re looking for because it suggests words and phrase that you might not have considered or would have taken longer to get to otherwise.

Overall for all types of search it’s faster by miles.

I think it is too early to predict exactly how Google Instant would change SEO and PPC but apparently it seems this would mean more Adwords spend for advertisers and a tougher competition on the SEO domain.

what will be impact of google instant on seo? I am not shore about it… As keyword selection would be impossible…

You know, I think we’re probably the worst person to judge this though. Most of us are such “internet experts” (notice the quotes =p) that we don’t need these little things to speed up anything for us, and find them quite annoying because we analyze them to a fault. We’re also really good at picking our search phrases to get to what we’re looking for.

As for how the average user, I think many of them may actually find it interesting. For those that still type with one finger, if instant works even a fourth of the time for them, it could speed things up for them.

I bet that Google is tracking things intensely, and in a month or two, if it’s still here, it likely means that the average person is finding it useful. Until then, I’m reserving my opinion.

To me the instant search says nothing more than “look, we could pick and move data quickly from our ridiculously massive dataset of indexed pages!” It’s not asking for you to wait until you’re done entering what you want to look and confirm by submitting the form.

It’s kind of like that person that tries to answer you as soon as possible when you haven’t finished your question or statement, and then he has to backtrack because he misinterpreted your question because you didn’t finish saying what you meant to say.

I bet if you typed “c” and got “cheese” you might be quite happy. Unfortunately it gives me “currys”, which I find rather mysterious.

Why? People are still typing the same things into the box, and wanting the same things out at the end. What it means is that they won’t necessarily have to type the whole phrase, and there may be a greater emphasis in SEO on “first words”.

Do you think the SEO fight will heat up because of this. I feel that the longtail keywords will be a big mess due to the suggestion part of Google search since the instant is displaying the results so fast now.

Great post! It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I’m not sure why it’s thought to kill off SEO, as something must determine what the search terms up. Presumably it’s not just page titles. Does anyone know?