Google Maps Pro still shows "for non-commercial use"

(I have no idea which forum this best belongs in, so if anybody has a better idea, please feel free to move it. :))

Google maps basic (free) version states it’s not for commercial use, so I upgraded to Google Maps Pro. When I create and edit a map, it shows “Google Map Engine Pro” in the lower left corner. When I embed the map in my site, it shows simply “Google Map Engine” and the message about it being for non-commercial use.

Ok, so I know I’ve paid, I have the receipt and Google aren’t going to be suing me, but it doesn’t look very professional to have “for non-commercial use” displayed on commercial sites.

Does anybody know what’s going on here? (And better still, if there’s any way to fix it. :))

Google is you friend:

Yes, it is, the users do not have the Pro version and get that watermark.
It is not ideal, the issue was brought to the attention of Google employees but I have no idea if they are going to do anything about it.

Looks like both parties need the Pro version to remove the watermark.

I beg to differ there ;), but thanks for the quote. I couldn’t find anything.

Not sure what you mean by that. If I visit my page, with my map, while logged into Google, it still shows the “non-commercial message” - even though I can see the “pro” version in another tab. :rolleyes: