Google result

I have a website where I am looking for one keyword, my website has a PR of 3 and my competitor has a PR of 4. The keywords I get come from high PR sites with the link to my site is the keyword itself but still my site doesn’t fall anywhere in the top 100 results. What could be wrong?

Possibly a content issue with your site. What are the other competitors’ PR? If you’re not in the top 100, google obviously doesn’t view your site as relevant for that keyword. Keep in mind it’s good to vary your anchor text and not get all incoming links with exact anchor text. It looks unnatural. Also most sites get 80%+ off their traffic from long tail keywords so while it’s good to go after your target keyword, you may find you get more traffic from other less competitive keywords along the way.

Make sure the page is optimized for the keyword you are targeting and you need backlinks using that keyword. Don’t focus on page rank so much. Maybe try doing some guest posts and keep reading up on SEO.

It doesn’t really matter what page rank your site is to rank good in google. Unique content is the best way to rank high in google.