Google, Yahoo News criteria - authors

When applying to be a news source, does G & Y now require that an author be listed?

I have a site with no author credits, but is a 10+ year old established site.

Perhaps wording on the ‘about’ page could help matters?

Usually among the news results I see authors cited, but also see what might be exceptions, a few without.

Also - where are stats on searches being done in relation to the regular web search?

This article may help you.

Thanks for the link Shyflower.

We do not have a staff of authors, or ‘author biographies’ as mentioned by google, as many sites don’t.

In fact, all articles are written by me only, and I write for more than one site. With my name unmentioned.

I don’t know how G. would feel about me submitting 2-3 sites for news, with my name not listed (chances decrease) or my name on all three. I see where Wikipedia is getting more strict on this too, as far as citing sources and naming authors.

As far as I am aware of it, Google News requires author profiles for every site that is submitted - although they have become far stricter on rules in recent months. I would suggest you create author profiles and make sure that you add content attributed to different authors, but they may even see through that now.

Thanks for wordsofworth. Google responds to the News approval sites on basis of the content quality and region, the site belongs to.

Google need authors and a physical address of the site office, other vice they will not accept. But you can submit news to yahoo by filling a form. The details you need to submit are your personal and site information and they have to review you and accept you into the stream.
<snip/>