Graphics for my business card

I really hope someone can help me in this forum.

I recently redesigned my business card, and I am happy with the front of the business card, but the back doesn’t look fine for me.

Can anyone help me with ideas?

Thanks

I like the layout and your choice of background pattern is clever. Personally, the green color is a bit “unfriendly”. But that my be just a personal preference.

The ‘back’ looks a bit muted. And, in both, your choice of RED makes the text a bit hard to read.
Why is the SEAL subdued in one and not the other? If that is your logo it should not look ‘muddy’ as it does in the back.

Perhaps it is the low resolution images.

I would be anxious to hear from some others with far better DESIGN skills than I have. I am a developer with [admittedly] NO DESIGN SKILLS and can only relate what I think as a ‘user’.

Thank you for your opinion. It really helps. What other color than red would you recommend?

Yes, the green is way to green on the attachments. Will upload it again and lets see if it work and looks better, then you can get a better idea of the real colors that I used.

When you look at the attachments above, this is the right green, but it is a low quality sample.

My whole idea is to get some ideas from this post on my business card on the back. The front is ok for me, it is the back that is not that nice.

Any ideas?

My only complaint is the words “cell”, “office”, “email”, “web” are very difficult to read. It is a combination of the color and the font.
I would simply drop those words. It is quite obvious which is EMAIL, which is WEB and I recommend you get a Google Voice number (that can be programmed to ring both your phones) and publish the one number.

Thank you. How about the layout of the design on the back?

Do you think I should move things around?

As ParkinT suggests, I would also remove the words cell, office, email and web - people should know what these refer to, and the red text is too difficult to read anyway.

For the layout on the back, might I suggest a few things:

• I would change the logo on the back to be the same opacity (transparency) level as the logo on the front. If you want it to be less prominent on the back, why not just make it a little smaller and move it to the top left corner?
  • Putting your name and position above your contact details. This helps users to identify you before they start calling you and emailing.
  • Aligning your contact details - place them all on the same alignment, left right or center, if your logo is to the left, I suggest aligning the text to the right.
  • Removing the photo - Business cards don’t often have photos on them and I think it will look more professional without it.

For your colors, they seem a bit harsh to me. I would probably suggest toning it down in some way, perhaps go for a more pastel green?

bo5ton Thank you for your great feedback.

I will serenity change thing on the back. For the record. I did what you said about the pastel green. Have a look and tell me what you think about it. For me personally it can work,but to light. Convince me about the pastel green.

Tell me one thing - what font size should I use on the back so that it read ok, but isn’t too big?

Here I also did what you recommended, with my name and position first and high up then following my numbers.

No, I didn’t remove my cell, office, mail and web, because I also came in contact with older people, and to make it easier for them to. Does the yellow do better?

For my logo, should I put it on the back or should I just leave it. When I am leaving it, remember that it looks little dul, but I don’t like the logo really there - what else can I do??

Definitely prefer the simpler fonts. Much nicer and more professional looking.

Any chance you’d consider something other than green? Given the industry you’re working in, I think a blue background would be better. Green in combination with the red and white of your logo makes this look sort of like a card for an Italian restaurant.

And I doubt that small type for your social networks is going to be readable, especially if you’re concerned about an older audience. Print this out at 100% size and see if it’s legible.

You need to change the scripty font, buddy. It’s difficult to read large, imagine when the card prints small.

For all the standard information, you might consider a simple, straight forward, san-serif font, like Helvetica or Liberation Sans or Arial or whatever you like (including the “Cell, Office, Mail, etc.”). Maybe around 6pt - 8pt, but definitely print out a few samples on paper to look at before committing to anything.

The choice of yellow on dark-green is a better one than red-orange on dark-green because the “grey points” of the later two colours are too similar; ie, to the eye, there is more contrast between the yellow and dark-green and more contrast equals easier to read.

I prefer the fully opaque logo. It’s your logo so it should be boldly visible. I don’t like the papsey pastelle-green, the dark-green is stronger. As others have said though, maybe a dark-blue?

What size is the “Facebook - PC Hiccups… etc.” stuff? You may want to avoid going smaller than 6pt text or it’d be too small to print clearly.

Sorry to ball all of you of again, but I got an idea and would like to know what you think of it now. Look at this back I created.

Let me know what you think. I took the Facebook timeline for Facebook and turn it into the back on my business card, with some changes.

Hope you like. Any ideas - let me know.

Ditch the photo. You’re not selling houses here.

I’m still a bit troubled by the green and red. If you’re dead set on a cool/warm color combo I’d push it to blue and orange or something like that. Is the background something you created? I think there are better options available. Something like this maybe, especially if you’re willing to go with blue. And some of that text is still way too small. You will have legibility issues for sure.

I agree, remove the picture altogether, why not put your logo there instead?

I also agree that the colours aren’t ideal. Straightaway Red and Green reminds me of Christmas.

The font for facebook etc still appears to be too cursive. Like Shaun suggested, I would go for a Sans-Serif font.

Thank you for all the replies. Will look at what you guys said. Thank you for the support.

Hay timbotha,
I Have seen your Business card. You can use on background Light gray/ Blue sky color. Besides you can change your front format. Thank you. :wink:

ART DIRECTION is what is needed here:

The cursive font just doesn’t convey tech ( in general) . It’s also so thin and hard to read that you are forced to use a larger font so that it begins to look like a large print book for senior citizens reading children stories. This may also be due to the background choice, but I will address that later.

Neither green is good NOR bad. But the combination conveys XMAS not TECH. :confused: Either that or (with the lil stamp logo ) Tanqueray.

The back ground is the clever part, it still too pronounced and competes with what really vital in a business card: NAME , BUSINESS, AND CONTACT INFO!!! Get rid of the vigenette, this compounds the problem further. If you scaled down the image so that its just barely noticeable that its alpha numeric characters representing computer stuff. The background is an IMAGE, and the point of it is to give a FEEL not to allow anyone to read each line of code in the image you used… the only thing they need to READ is your INFO.

After that chose a good, CLASSIC, BUSINESS-LIKE font. The BIGGEST type in the card should be your name OR (not AND) your SERVICE and that should NEVER be any bigger than 14-16pt bold. I would recommend your service. It’s a blow to the ego but see it from the customers point of view. In their mind they are going to be looking for “computer services” not “That Tim Guy”.

Your latest design is an improvement(especially on the font/readability dept department)… but think about what I said.

As far as addressing the color issue.
Consider a tone of green like this one: and/or
consider using muted tones of green and red… ( this can be done by reducing/increasing saturation/ brightness in a program such as Photoshop). As to the exact amount of toning… well that you will have to do by eye.

I dislike picture cards and they do little to sell you (unless you are a model or a lawyer … I dont even know why real estate agents and car shops insist on their mug shots…) But I know what you were feeling… you wanted a central image to tie it all together. Consider a good shot of a COMMON computer part: a keyboard, a mouse a monitor… crop it so that some of it is outside the frame for maximum effect.

I hope you are able to follow my tips. They should give you a marked improvement in the look and effectiveness of your business card.

dresden_phoenix ~

Thank you for all your tips. Will look into it and change thing that you recommended.