Greek letters in photoshop

i’m trying to make something for a fraternity in photoshop, but i can’t figure out for the life of me how to get greek letters using the text tool. can anyone help? thanks!

You will need to use a font like Symbol. (should be preinstalled on a Mac and PC) If you don’t have it installed on your computer you may need to buy one.

Unfortunately, I have never seen a free greek font…

kind of a kludgy workaround, but open notepad, type the letters you want like this: “& Lambda;& omicron;& gamma;& omicron;& sigmaf;” with out the quotes or the space after the ampersand, save the file as utf-8 whatever.htm, open it in a browser, copy the greek text into photoshop, and change the font to one with a full unicode charater set (arial works well)

I’ve seen a free Greek font before, and using a pre-made font is DEFINITELY the easiest way to use Greek letters in Photoshop. Right now, I forget exactly where I saw the font, but I will do a bit of research and get back to you!

This isn’t the exact font I was referencing before, but it is still a Greek font and should meet your needs: http://www.biblicalgreek.com/free_greek_font.php

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Symbol(OTT) has all of the Greek letters. Use “Shift” and the letter to get the upper case Greek letter.

There is a neat font called Ancient Geek that I always thought was a cool idea, it takes the greek letters that look vaugely like our letters and swaps them, its cool, and makes you think when you read stuff :slight_smile:

Use the character map if you know the font has greek letters, but you don’t know how to use it.

-ruchir