Hacker Threat help

My site hosts a section that warns potential customers of sites that use malicious and illegal tactics to sell items. In short, we are trying to keep potential customers from being ripped off. We offer screen captures as proof of the unethical behavior.

Recently, I have received a thread from Pakistan where most of these sites operate from. Is there any way to protect against what he is saying? I am not sure I understand what he is saying too well.

I have replaced his site with the “hackersite” and my domain with “mysite” in the link below. It obviously does not work, but it comes up with my site from another URL and I believe this is the issue.

ok i don’t want you to tell me the law me know better then you and me know i am in Pakistan :smiley: , do you think you will restrict links for some countries using .htacess or PHP ip api’s or what ever you have used and people will get slept thinking there is nothing, you lolz don’t you know there are proxies avaiable for any country’s IP .

http://hackerssite.appspot.com/www.mysite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5025

Now you have only 48 hours to remove that **** any else me going to contact you after ****ing your ****** sites off , i got better idea for you in start , how do you feel when you will look your site availabe on many domains , not complex just need to use a little proxy script, all it will do just will pick your site and will display as its dom own domain content and how would be it feel to Google oh nothing but google will think plagiarism and data dulication so will **** the sites having same data, and be sure you will found your site on google no where :smiley:

Can anyone tell me what this means in English? Thank you in advance…

What, exactly, is the threat from this scumbag? That he’s going to proxy to your site and rip off the appearance? I don’t really get it. He seems to be saying that if he proxies your site all over the place, then it will kill you in the search engines, so maybe that is the plan.

If you are in the business of outing malicious businesses, you’ll probably be getting a lot of these threats. The vast majority of them won’t really be worth considering - it’s easier for a criminal to move on than to battle with someone. I don’t really understand this either, but if it came to me I wouldn’t think twice about - I’d just ignore it.

Be sure you site is as secure as possible, and move on.

Thank you for that. I thought the same thing. It sounds like black hat SEO poisoning. Before I ignore it, I wanted to understand it : ) I do not yet, so I was hoping someone here could help me figure out what the threat actually is, and whether or not I should worry about it. I have the hackers name, business, IP address - everything. I could easily report him to his domain provider and possibly have his business site shut down, but I expect retaliation would come quickly with a terrorist. I will learn more and see what my options are.

It does sound like an attempt to create duplicate content and incur a penalty by google, except if it was that simple then black hats would use this tactic all the time - consider who’s smarter though - some of the world’s best algorithmic minds at google, or dumbass script kids with obvious and lame ploys?

I’d avoid any communication with them nonetheless, no point in aggravating them or motivating them further.