Handwritten font

Its pains me to ask this but the customer is insisting, is there a good handwriting font I can use for css which is going to be available on most peoples pc/mac.

Hi,
I just viewed all the default fonts installed on my XP, these are a few of the handwritten ones that I have.

• Amazone BT
  • Chaucer
  • Handscript SF
  • Script MT Bold

You can use Easy Font Viewer for windows to view your system fonts.

If you want to go techy with it you could use @font-face and one of these fonts:

In a word, “no”.

The only handwriting fonts that you can reliably expect to be on most people’s computers are the ones that nobody in their right mind would want to use - eg, Comic Sans and Lucida Handwriting. There is no high-quality handwriting font that has anywhere near widespread market penetration.

The options that you have depend on what it is needed for. If it is just for headings or very short inserts, you could use images or sIFR. If it is for one particular page, it might be better to get a really good font yourself and create that page as a PDF.

If it is for body text throughout the site, then my advice would be to do a Nancy Reagan. There is a good reason why most websites use only a very small number of fonts, and that is that there is only a very small number of fonts that are suitable for reading body text on screen at the font size typically found on websites. A handwriting font, even a really good one that is great for print, is unlikely to be good to read on screen - particularly without anti-aliasing or Cleartype (or similar).

Yeh actually as a addon to my last post, if its just headings you could use http://novemberborn.net/sifr3 or http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/.

However if you need it for body content then the @fontface with a legal font is the best way to go. (Unless you can convice them not to use horrible fonts full stop!)

I would have to agree with Stevie D. Unfortunately there are no real handwritten fonts that would:

a - come as standard on most machines
b - be any good (i mean no one likes lucidia handwritten)

unless its for body content i’d think you would be looking at some really small options