Happy International Day of Happiness, everyone

Apparently, today is the International Day of Happiness.

http://www.un.org/en/events/happinessday/

It’s also Running Bear’s birthday, so we now have a double reason to party and have fun. (So if you don’t see me around much today, you’ll know it’s because I’m too busy being happy. )

3 Likes

Bah, humbug. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, but seriously, it’s nice to know everyone will be officially happy today—in a world free of strife, conflict and pain. Yippee!

hey, today in Texas is happy international day of happiness for everybody

But that’s not what the day is saying. It’s a reminder that everybody is entitled to happiness in their lives (nobody is happy all the time; illness, bereavement, misfortunes affect us all), and that it’s something we need to work towards. If, as part of that, we take time to remember and appreciate those things which make us happy, then so much the better, I say.

The General Assembly of the United Nations in its resolution 66/281PDF document of 12 July 2012 proclaimed 20 March the International Day of Happiness recognizing the relevance of happiness and well-being as universal goals and aspirations in the lives of human beings around the world and the importance of their recognition in public policy objectives.

2 Likes

I think that we all should have wished a happy birthday to Running Bear. :smiley:

Did he enjoy his special day?

Thanks, @molona.

Yes, he did enjoy his day, although he was a bit miffed that it was too cloudy here to see the eclipse. (Not many folk get a solar eclipse for their birthday. ) And it was also too chilly for him to go out in the new running shorts he got. But he managed to enjoy himself despite those set-backs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.