Hard drive wiping software?

Hi! I want to erase my hard drive space, more specifically the free hard drive space.

I know that there are many wiping tools but which to choose?

PS: I have WIN7 and internal hard disks.

thanks for any suggestion :slight_smile:

I have used HDDErase successfully in the past.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=hdderase

S

Let us know how you get on?

S

Helps a lot, I’m going to test its current release…

I didn’t mean there is any problem with it. I don’t spend my time wiping hard drives every day, it’s the sort of thing that I might do once every couple of years when I have a big system upgrade. I just meant that it worked for me in the past, but that might mean that it’s an older version than the one currently available for download…

i.e. it may be worth checking this software out, but I don’t have experience with the current release.

Hope that helps.

S

stevod, why you say: “I have used…”? What is wrong with this software now?
hoperesd, I got it too :slight_smile:

Geek or not geek, when you are personally running a tool and have it for years, you know what exactly are its features.

PS: MilShield & CCleaner. I really like them and recommend them. Good file shredders and each user can choose from a 1 pass to 35 passes. I doubt that any recovery program could ever retrieve any information erased by these programs. I have both just because they complement each other.

The clue is in the screenshot, it’s only cleaning up unnecessary files, it’s not wiping the free space. :slight_smile:

Wiping the drive is quite different.

S

This Windows tool cleans some things but I’m not sure if it cleans the free space?! :goof:

I’m still testing it but I’ll let you know the results :slight_smile:

I got it. :slight_smile: The bad guys,hackers most likely will recover my deleted data and my secrets will be revealed…
I didn’t know that the free computer space can reveal what you have had on your computer.

Privacy reasons mainly… if you don’t wipe your hard disk properly, any deleted (or formatted) data can be recovered fairly easily.

PS: No windows does not clean anything, the most it’ll do is delete stuff that’s no longer needed.

Why I would like to clean my free computer space? What’s the point? Windows cleans all stuff, doesn’t it?

Why does this thread attracts too many newbies? I see 5 people with 5 post or less replying here. Another one has 12 and one with 22 posts. I am pretty sure those got less post when they replied here.

jetzZ, does the CC mean CCleaner (in the PNG filename)? Because we were comparing MilShield with the open source product Eraser (not CCleaner). :slight_smile:

7-Zip is better. Mil Shield is better.

Maybe it interests them, after all, there’s a geek in all of us :slight_smile:

Yes, cc means CCleaner.I had some system troubles after Eraser installation, … :nono:

It is a free forum.:shifty: Sorry that I have not so many posts. (: