Has anyone come across good website hosts in the UK for this?

The host must be physically based in the UK
Over 99% uptime
Hosting 50 websites
Anonymous servers/IP’s
Quick email support and livechat - bith with people who can converse intelligently in English
Total of 300Gb bandwidth
Total of 100Gb diskspace
Able to use PHP includes on all the domains, from and to other internal and external websites
Is all this possible for £40 per month?

Possible for that rate, but the service you might get might not be ‘the best’, I think you need to look at increasing the budget a little to find something suitable.

If it was £50, which good hosts would you recommend?

I think the diskspace / traffic quotas will be difficult to find for that budget, and all the hosts claiming “Unlimited” of both are not quite as unlimited as they claim to be…

If you can reduce the diskspace a bit you could go for a VPS?

The UK rates run a bit higher but if you need servers from that location you will have to take that into consideration. Unlimited doesn’t mean an infinite amount and that is also something you will want to add into your considerations.

Have you looked at tsohost clustered package? They have good/quick email support and have been very reliable for the 2 years I have been with them.

Update, the total diskspace usage for all the accounts, in total, for the month of June 2014, was 30 GB and the total bandwidth for all domains for last month was 160 GB. and I could pay up to £80pm. With this extra info, and bearing in mind the other requirements below, can anyone throw in some extra ideas on totally reliable hosting with excellent 24/7 support please?

The host must be physically based in the UK
Over 99% uptime
Hosting 50 websites
Anonymous servers/IP’s
Quick email support and livechat - both with people who can converse intelligently in English
Total of 200Gb bandwidth
Total of 50Gb diskspace
Able to use PHP includes on all the domains, from and to other internal and external websites

Any help much appreciated.

Clook might be worth a look, you’d need to ask the price for a larger reseller package than their standard products

I have a couple of small sites on shared hosting with HostPresto! I haven’t used their reseller hosting, but their Business Reseller package looks to cover your needs. I can vouch for the speed and quality of their e-mail support service.

Dev,

I use WebHostingBuzz with multiple accounts on multiple servers in the US. They have been EXCELLENT!

Because they do have a datacenter in the UK and, I believe, share the same OUTSTANDING support staff, I recommend that you take a look at http://webhostingbuzz.co.uk. I’m sure that you’ll find an account to suit your needs.

If you have questions about WHB, their CEO, Matt, is a SitePoint member and you should be able to PM him directly (mdrussell).

Regards,

DK

Have not yet decided., but thanks all for the ideas. Much appreciated.

Have now had a chnace to fully update the list of requirements, just in case it helps anyone here to give other ideas.

• The hosts servers must be physically based in the UK
  • Over 99% uptime
  • Hosting 40 websites
  • Anonymous servers/IP’s
  • Very quick email support and livechat - both with people who will communicate intelligently in English.
  • Email support 24/7/365, without the time-consuming need to login onto a website and submit tickets!
  • Total of 30Gb diskspace
  • Total of 150Gb bandwidth
  • up to 6 MySQL databases
  • Able to use PHP includes on all the domains, from and to other internal and external websites. This is a critical point.
  • Don’t want my emails to be blacklisted due to someone else’s domain. This is a critical point.
  • Monthly fees to be collected, automatically by credit card.
  • One of the websites is a forum (PHPBB3) with about 4,000 quite active users - what guarantees can be given that none of them will experience any problems on the hosting transfer.
  • The ability to setup my own crons.
  • I need to have access to my .htaccess files
  • Will occasionally need a hand with coding issues, nothing too onerous, just little things that I may not have the skill to do.
  • Automatic free daily backups of everything of mine that is hosted with the hosts, including MySQL databases.
  • Can pay up to £120pm for this.

I always use fasthosts in the UK and I have never had a problem with so worth checking them out. Not sure on the pricing for your needs though.

Mark.

Have a look at Clook who are based in Preston (so you may get a Lancashire accent if that passes for English …lol), one of their larger Reseller packages should fit your needs, though you’ll need to contact them to get specifics as they don’t advertise them on their site, in fact their Reseller-4 (£45/mo) appears on the cart/order page - https://www.clook.info/clients/cart.php?gid=3 - which may fit?

Clook have one of the best reps in the industry for customer support, they don’t have a live chat but all tickets are answered in minutes, my fastest ever response was just 20 seconds. I’ve been with them for over 10 years and rarely need to use support, the only regulars are SSL cert updates which they turn around usually in 5-10 minutes or so. They monitor all their servers 24/7 and if you subscribe to their announcements you’ll get an email if there is an issue, and another when it’s cleared, so they are on the ball.

As far as your specs go it’s all ok…

• no live chat, you don’t need it, tickets are very efficient
  • as many databases as you want
  • as many hosted domains as you want
  • your own IP’s if you use a Reseller account
  • uptime stats at https://www.clook.info/helpdesk/index.php?/Network/Status
  • no email blacklisting unless it comes from one of your own account
  • PHPBB transfer, Clook may be able help transfer data, as with any server move it’s wise to plan for some downtime
  • Crons yes
  • no host will support your coding but Clook have forums and you can still ask here, they may be able to assist if you think something should work but it doesn’t, they’re usually happy to enable misc PHP functions on request
  • backups daily/weekly/monthly on a rolling cycle but as always do your own, there’s never any guarantee that the latest backup will work

heh, I’m based in Preston and i’ve never even heard of Clook!

Best option for you would be buy a fully managed dedicated server for 120GBP per month you can get good server with all your requirements.