Has anyone had any issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10?

Has anyone had any problems where a website behaves differently with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10? I got a call from someone who said that he could not use a drop-down window on a web page I manage after he upgraded to Internet Explorer 10 and he did not have any problems before.

If my memory serves me, it is not possible to have two versions of IE on a computer (which is what I would like to do to test this). Is that right?

Also, is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer?

The surest way to test is to have a VM for each version of IE.

No, you can’t have two versions of IE running on the same machine - at least, not officially:

Running multiple versions of Windows Internet Explorer, or portions of Windows Internet Explorer, on a single instance of Windows is an unlicensed and unsupported solution.

Source

There are some third-party workarounds, but these are strongly discouraged by Microsoft.

You can’t uninstall a given version of IE, but you can revert any updates that you have performed. For example, if you upgraded from IE 8 to IE 8, you can revert to 8. You do that from Control Panel / Programs and Features / View installed updates.

But the best solution is (as Jeff suggested) is to use a virtual machine. In fact, installing a VM is one of the most useful things you can do on a development system.

Regarding your original question, I haven’t seen the behaviour you described. Obviously, you will have to reproduce the problem before you can try to solve it.

Mike

I had multiple issues with internet explorer 10 and previous versions. You can uninstall and reinstall it - have you tried downloading new service packs or any patches via internet explorer site itself?

There are only rare occasions where I need to use IE - most of the time I opt for Google Chrome. If you need to use IE then use it but I would suggest checking out a new browser in Chrome .

That might or might not be so. But, as I understand it, the original questioner was not concernend with his own use of the browser. As a developer, he was interested in making sure his sites were compatible with the browsers that his customer’s visitors were likely to use. Rightly or wrongly, that includes IE 10.

Mike

Didn’t they ban IE yet?