Has anyone worked for/with Robert Half?

Been getting a few messages from some Robert Half recruiters on linkedin and was wondering if anyone has worked for or with them before? I would be interested in knowing how your experience was with them.

They seem to have a few good PHP developer opportunities which is right up my alley.

Not a clue. I can’t be of any help. You should do as much research as you can about them if they look so interested in you

1 Like

I’ve talked to them before, I think they might have gotten me a phone interview when I was coming out of college. Nothing really panned out through them, but that’s not to say anything against them.

I think they are the biggest recruiting company in the US and their Salary Guide is one of the most accurate ones around. Far more accurate than what you’ll see on sites like Indeed or GlassDoor where people report their own salaries.

I’m going to interview with them and see if anything comes of it. Seems like most development companies here in California have some third party recruitment company do their scouting.

That happens everywhere around the world :smile:

It is a good way to enter in a company, prove your value and get a better contract, if you’re smart enough.

Best of luck with your interview. :slight_smile:

I don’t really understand the politics around Recruiting companies, but sometimes they take a percentage based on your salary. So if that’s the case, then you can actually use them to negotiate a salary on your behalf.

Salary negotiation has always been the hardest part for me and gives me Imposter Syndrome. It’s one thing to know what you’re worth and what average pay is, but it’s another to actually hear yourself demand these numbers.

Sometimes? I would say always!! :slight_smile:

Or should I say that they negotiate your salary with you and then negotiate with the company so that can get as much as return as possible? After all, they’re a business.

Still, this is an “easy” way to get experience with major companies which have infrastructures that you can’t see in a small-medium companies, or to learn how big projects work

1 Like

Salary is hard for me too. I always go in to an interview with a reasonable number based on my skills, but then I always low ball myself when salary comes up.

Then, don’t do it this time :wink:

One of the largest body shops around.

If you like “drone” positions, sure.

If you see yourself as a consultant or freelancer, I’d try another approach.

Never give out your numbers and ask directly what’s the salary range for this position. Depending on how comfortable you are, you should know…I’d say somewhere in middle is good if you’re not quite sure. For me, I always ask that question and say I want the maximum salary. Do I get it? Not always but I already have a job and I can wait for another opportunities. If I didn’t have a job or hate the job then I would maybe lowball it after 3~6 months.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.