Has my site be crawled nto google search?

I have submit my site to google engine for 3 days, and also submit my sitemap to google webmasters.
Today, I copy my pages whole meta:content in the google, but never find my site even 20+ pages. (the results has already contain less keywords which is matched with my meta:content).
But when I tried site:www.mydomain.com, I could see 100+ pages of my site in google search results.
So has my site be crawled into google search? why I still can not find it in keywords? even the whole meta:content?
Thanks.

[FONT=Verdana]If a site:[noparse]www.mydomain.com[/noparse] search produces results with over 100 of your pages, then you can safely say Google has crawled and indexed at least that much of your site. :slight_smile:

When you say

Today, I copy my pages whole meta:content in the google
do you mean that you copied the contents of the description meta tag? If so, why search for that? Why not try searching using your keywords, or a sentence from the actual page content, rather than the meta? I’ve just tested this with a page of mine. If I search using keywords, my page appears in Google’s results and the contents of my meta description are displayed. However, if use the contents of my meta description as my search term, my page doesn’t appear at all. [/FONT]

@TechnoBear, I tried meta:description, as you say, my page doesn’t appear at all. Why? (I read some SEO articles that meta:description and meta:title is very important for SEO)
google has not use meta:keywords for a long time. (I read some SEO articles)
So how to check my site is good for SEO?
Many thanks.

[FONT=Verdana]

What I was trying to say in my post above is that my site also does not appear if I search for the meta description text, despite ranking highly in the SERPs for my keywords. That seems to be quite normal.

Yes, Google will display the description and title, if these are relevant to the search query.

Search using your keywords, or search for some phrase or sentence that occurs in the actual, visible text on the page - not in the meta description.
[/FONT]

[font=verdana](I assume by meta:title you mean <title>? There’s no <meta> title tag that’s worth worrying about)

The <meta description> isn’t used by search engines in terms of ranking the page – its sole purpose is to appear as a “snippet” of text in the search results to give people more information on what your page is about. So while it is undoubtedly important, in that it can help to persuade people to click on your page link when they see it in the results, it doesn’t affect where your page appears in the results.

The <meta keywords> is largely ignored, you’re right. What TechnoBear meant was the “key words” that you are featuring most in your text content and headings, the ones you are targeting for people to search for. What is your page about? Pick two or three words or “compound word phrases” and type them into Google. Does your site appear?

It’s worth noting that sites tend to get indexed (ie, Google knows about them and will return them on a site:mydomain.com search) some time before they actually get ranked for their content, so it may be that you just need to be a little bit more patient and then it will turn up. That’s particularly true if you’re targeting a competitive field where there are already hundreds or thousands of other relevant websites for it to choose from.[/font]

To see you site when it was crawled, just check “cached” link to see snapshot date and time. For getting position with keys in SERP, you have to optimized your site. The lower competitive keys, sooner you can get rank, otherwise you have to work hard adopting successful seo strategy.

I would suggest that you install a SEO add on onto your mozilla firefox wherein you can actually see the number of pages indexed by google. If your site has been crawled and your pages are indexed, the number of indexed pages of google would increase. You could also use some online tools to check your SERPs such as sitemapdoc which provides comprehensive reports on seo.