Have You Had Success With Social Networking?

Hi,

Has anyone had any success marketing their site using social networking. IE Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn?

I got great results through LinkedIn group discussions. I never use Facebook for marketing campaign but I will suggest you to place facebook paid adds, Its a great way to drive traffic to your site.

I have never tried of it much. But I have seen many web sites getting good success with it especially with Twitter and Google+.

I have had great success using Twitter and Facebook to build a highly targeted list of people who are interested in receiving information about my sites and my client’s sites.

I try to remain somewhat active on Google+, but this is more because I think it will be very important to SEO in the near future.

Your original question is not very concise. Are you seeking advice/new strategies or are you interested in hearing success stories?

Yes a good traffic comes from social network sites, but it depends upon what service or product you are providing and what are your strategies to market them.

What kind of success are you having with LinkedIn Groups? I’ve been investigating them recently and they don’t seem to be discussions at all. The ones I’ve seen are mostly bookmarking groups where people post links.

But if we are not afford for paid campaign the how we got free likes because I’ve a gaming related page. Tell me guys how can i increase like without any campaign??

I prefer to Pinterest for posting products gallery.

[FONT=Verdana]Ok, this thread looks to be in danger of descending into a mere list of favourite sites, which is no use to anybody. The question is:

Please answer that, and give some details. Such as, which site(s) did you use? What was your strategy? How did you measure your success (or lack of success)? Something that can lead to a productive discussion, please, or else this thread will be closed.[/FONT]

I don’t really market my topics on social networking sites but after I started curating targeted blog post from popular blogs + a lovely software, the number of my readers almost doubled and most of my fresh topics is now widely shared on facebook which I really think is a success in my online journey.

What I’m trying to say is that you guys should focus more on creating useful contents on your site may it be your own 100% topic or a curated topic (google loves curated topics but add with your own commentary) that way you should be able to generate lots of shares and tweets on social networking sites.

Honestly? No, and I don’t believe a lot of people who say they have because they usually quantify large follower numbers as a “good thing”.

I’ve worked with social media accounts for some large companies, and have built large-scale Facebook pages and functionality using the Twitter API, and although we’ve seen some modest traffic and input it’s often come at a large cost. For the time and money spent on this work, it would have probably been far better to simply use that money on advertising and marketing, and to just use the time elsewhere.

Social media is often said to be a good thing, because it takes time and people feel good when good things happen after they spend hard time at something. More often than not, what I see is artificially large numbers of users. One client viewed a recent social media campaign as a success, despite spending £6k on the campaign and only building a modest level of traffic. The reason he said it was a success was because he had gained several thousand Twitter followers and had a ton of likes on Facebook. The reality of the situation is that most of his Twitter followers are spammers, and the same for Facebook is probably true.

LinkedIn groups have worked well at times, but only as a community, and only with a LOT of work involved. In my experience there are only certain groups of people that are interested in using LinkedIn, and these are usually the middle-manager types with something to gain from using LinkedIn all the time.

I have tried social marketing few times but never worked out for me.

facebook ads were tried and they never brought me any clients though they brought me the clicks.

Google adwords and Google search have worked better for me

Yes…With social networking you generate high success in any field. But its most profitable for marketing. Many online marketing tools available on internet i.e. facebook,twitter,blog,email,chat etc. This is most efficient way of create your social network strong and exchange of your thoughts,opinions in freely. Finally man is a social animal. Thus, from all these you find that social networking plays very vital role in your success in any field.

I prefer google+ and twitter.

yes!! i got some Quality Traffic from Facebook and Google+ … they also provide Quality Backlinks which is best part that affect your page rank!!

We call those Social Signals!

They became an essential part of any marketing campaign. As Google now takes those stuff into consideration in its algorithms.

Keep everything updated and maintain your authority in the niche.

Yes I had great success in social networks for promoting my website. To get more traffic in website the best way is choosing social networks.