Having a link appear after a video has played

Quick question. I’ve seen a technique where say part way through a video a button will appear underneath the video can anyone point me in the right direction to find a script that will do this.

Thanks

If you can live with the limited browser support you can use the HTML 5 video element javascript to respond to the timed playback. Video is the <video> element:

// .. wrap this in a setInterval() to keep polling
if (video.currentTime) {

}

Or, if browser support is going to be an issue you would need to deploy a flash player and have that communicate directly with the javascript on your page. You would probably need to custom build a player, or alter an existing open source one for this (or get lucky and find something pre-built that already does it) and use actionscript object to trigger javascript commands to the container.

I don’t have any links for you though I’m afraid, I don’t know of anything off the top of my head that would let you deploy and customise this.

I use JW Player a lot for sites that require a video player that is customisable.

If you take a look at its JavaScript API (Events section) you’ll see they have an event called “onTime()” which does pretty much exactly what you want from the sounds of it. There is also an “onComplete()” that will fire when the video finishes playing.

JW Player is open source, but requires a license for commercial implementations.

Video encoding platform services will allow the content owner to add in a link or CTA after the video has been streamed in its entirety…