Having <li> used when having a new line?

Pretty much I want it so when I start a new line that it auto puts the bullets in.

Basically I dont want to put

<li>Item 1</li>
<li>Iten 2</li>

I need it where when I go to the next line it auto bullets.

Reason being, when I am sending a quote to someone I have the info auto generated and the quote is coming in like

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

You may need to clarify a little more what you want as I’m not quite sure.:slight_smile:

It sounds as though you have one long sentence and when it wraps you want to show a bullet alongside but that seems a little odd to me and not actually possible anyway as you would need each line to be enclosed in a tag anyway to achieve that.

I suppose if each line was a set px height you could use a repeating graphic to generate a bullet point.

I didn’t really see where your attachment fitted into all this or whether you were talking abut the dots alongside the description text.

Probably didnt describe it good enough. Let me try again…

When I put the description into the database I put it in like

J Wrapper/Contact 3 Belt Feeder with Allen Bradley Panelview/Markem 9840.
<br><br>
<li>Volts: 440/440</li>
<li>Largest Motor Amps: 4.5/4.5</li>
<li>Phase: 3/3</li>
<li>Hz: 60/60</li>
<li> F.L.A.: 30/30</li>
<li>W: 14200/14200</li>
<li>Schematic: 370056/370056.</li>

It comes out on the site like the pic below.

But when I send a quote, it comes out like this (in the persons email that gets the quote)

I want the quote (that goes to persons email) to have the bullets like it looks on the page.

Hope that made better sense.

In other words your HTML markup source code is getting displayed instead of being rendered in the e-mail client for whatever reason, I assume you are trying to create HTML e-mail but it is displaying as plaintext.

Correct, although the footer and header images are showing up which were done in HTML, just that one section isnt acting right.

The markup in the snippet looks malformed since it has no UL, etc. Though without seeing the rest, it doesn’t seem to make much sense why some of it’s parsing and the other isn’t. There is something elsewhere in the code that is probably the cause.

Ok, I figured it out. When the form autofills, it is not coming up as

<li>item</li>

But coming as

<br /><br />
<ul>
<li>ITEM</li>

What language/database are you using?