Having the same margin

How do I keep the same margin on a page? I am using <body leftmargin=“170” rightmargin=“170”> and I it’s wrong but everything I seem to find does not accomplish what I am after. I have blocks of text in tables and of course text not in tables. The text not in tables is not lining up with the tables and it looks out of whack. I sure hope I am explaining myself okay.

Is there not one simple code that sets it all the same?

You can use <body style=“margin-left: 170px; margin-right: 170px;”>. 170px seems like an awfully big margin, so you’ll probably want to reduce that to a smaller number. You can just play about with it until you get the result you want.

That is fine, if you just want the margins set on a single page, but if you want them set on every page, that’s not very efficient, as it means you have to add the style information to the body tag on each page. (And if you decide later on to change the margin width, you’ll need to change every page separately.) Much better to put your style information into an external stylesheet and link to it from every page:

body {margin-left: 25px;
margin-right: 25px;}

Sorry to be so late getting back…as usual you answered my question, and I thank you. Was still using the old margin code. Thanks again.

No problem - glad we could help. :slight_smile: