Header flashes when new page is loaded

I created a template and then duplicated it for each page. The client didn’t want the site in a CMS, especially not WordPress. Each template calls and include for the Header.

<?php include('Includes/Header.php')?>

It is using the same Header each time so I didn’t think that it would cause it to reload the header each time, but I think that may be the cause.

Here is a link to the dev site. http://www.connect4webdesign.com/FrogTummy/nuames/Home.php

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don’t see the header flash—either on first load or on reload (Chrome / Mac).

PHP is processed on the server, so that’s not an issue for the browser.

No flashing for me either.

Good point. I do see if flashing for sure though. Hmm

Try a different browser perhaps? What browser are you on? OS?

I’m on a PC and Google Chrome was giving me issues. It doesn’t flash in firefox or IE. Why does Chrome do that?

I don’t see a flash in Chrome PC either. Maybe you have a slow connection?

The only thing I can think of is the font awesome icons may cause a delay while they are loading. Added fonts always cause a flash as they load later. Comment our the link to the font file and re-test. It probably won’t make a difference though.

Another (more complex) way to check is to make a testing version of the home page and then you can strip out elements one by one and check if you can spot the cause.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.