HeidiSQL, one of the coolest desktop apps for working with a database that i've ever used, has released version 5.0 as a stable release
if you haven't tried it, you've got nothing to lose -- it's free
see heidisql.com for the download page
disclaimer: i have no connection to heidisql other than as a supremely satisfied user
in my humble opinion, it beats the crap out of phpmyadmin
from the readme file:
*** What is HeidiSQL?
HeidiSQL is an easy-to-use interface and a "working-horse" for web-developers using the popular MySQL-Database. It allows you to manage and browse your databases and tables from an intuitive Windows® interface.
With HeidiSQL you will also be able to
* Generate nice SQL-exports
* Synchronize tables between two databases
* Manage user-privileges
* Import text-files
* Export table-data as CSV, HTML, XML and SQL
* Browse and edit table-data using a comfortable grid
* Create and edit tables, views, stored routines and triggers
* Bulk edit tables (move to db, change engine, collation etc.)
* Batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
* Write queries with customizable syntax-highlighting and code-completion
* Pretty reformat disordered SQL
* Monitor and kill client-processes
* Connect to servers via commandline
* Find specific text in all tables of all databases of one server
* Optimize and repair tables in a batch manner
* And much more
Heh, I saw someone at the supermarket wearing a HeidiSQL t-shirt.
Hmmm, maybe I'll give this a go instead of Toad for MySQL which seems more ridden with bugs the more I use it!